Popular Tags: [View All]
Thumis Dalidalisa
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This seems to me an obvious point in need of clarification but I don't see it addressed in the rules, the FAQ or a quick glance of the forums.

The rules state clearly that you may not enter or attack a neutral country. OK, but Turkey does not seem to have a southern boundary. While Turkey is neutral, can AP move or SR units to the spaces in Egypt already containing British forces (which I guess are part of Turkey -- didn't Ottoman Empire control this historically?)? Can those British forces move between those two spaces? What about Libya?

Since no one else seems confused by this, perhaps I am just dense. Any explanation would be appreciated. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Barratt
United Kingdom
Royal Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Egypt had been independent from the Ottomans in all but name since the early 19th century. In the 1880s Britain invaded Egypt to secure British investments, including the Suez canal. Libya had been conquered by Italy in 1912.

In game terms, I believe that both are in play from the start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Turkey's Southern boundary is between Sinai and the two British spaces in Egypt (Cairo and Port Said). The Sinai is marked as CP control (grey shading) and British Egypt as Allied controlled (light shading).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thumis Dalidalisa
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Philip Thomas wrote:
Turkey's Southern boundary is between Sinai and the two British spaces in Egypt (Cairo and Port Said). The Sinai is marked as CP control (grey shading) and British Egypt as Allied controlled (light shading).

Thanks. Libya is gray though so can the AP enter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know the official ruling, but I would say not until Turkey enters the war.

edit: Turkishn entry to the war stirred up the tribes in the Middle East and North Africa, which meant the Italian authorities in Libya needed British help. See Pursuit of Glory for a more detailed look at this region in WWI.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John D'Angelo
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Kolumel wrote:
Philip Thomas wrote:

Thanks. Libya is gray though so can the AP enter?

There doesn't seem to be an official ruling but the question has been asked several times on Consinworld, and the consensus is that the Libya space may not be entered into until Turkey enters the war
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.