Chris C.
United States
Goshen
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
"Somewhere over the rainbow..."
mbmbmbmbmb
At the end of the rules for 2 or 3 people it seems to be poorly worded. If I am reading correctly, In a 3 player game only 2 of the players are allowed to use any resource spot in a round. And in a 2 player game only 1 player may use the resource spots.

Ex: 3 player game. Player 1 puts 3 caveeples in wood. player 2 puts 2 caveeples in brick. So does this mean player 3 is locked out of all resources, and that player 1 and 2 are still able to place in the other 3 resources they did not use previously?

If this is true, are resources limited in a 4 player game to only 3 players using the resource spots, or may all 4 partake in resource gathering? It is not printed in the initial resource section as what to do in a normal 4 player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Jacobsson
Sweden
Upplands Vasby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, there is no player limit in a 4 player game because the rules doesn't state that it should be.

Well, that's how I interpret it.

Edit: I misread your example and question. I thought you meant if the number of players are limited on any one resource.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Page
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules with me, but I think it is any particular resource that can only be taken by 1/2 players. ie if player 1 takes wood and player 2 also takes wood, player 3 cannot take wood, but can take any other resource.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
GazPAge wrote:
I don't have the rules with me, but I think it is any particular resource that can only be taken by 1/2 players. ie if player 1 takes wood and player 2 also takes wood, player 3 cannot take wood, but can take any other resource.

This is the correct interpretation. In a 3-player game, only 2 players can go into EACH of the resources. Once the 2nd player places on Wood, Wood is closed for that turn. Once a 2nd player goes on Stone, then Stone is closed to the 3rd player.

For 2-player games, once a player goes into a resource, it is blocked for the other player for that round.

It is meant to force competition and blocking that would otherwise be absent in games with less than 4 players. With 4, you already have a limit that only 7 meeples can go on any one resource.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.