David
United States
Wakefield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if any of you could share pictures or links of pictures of game boards that you have or have seen that have been hung on a wall as a piece or art. I have a finished basement that at some point I would like to hang some game boards on just for the purpose of art and I am looking for inspiration.

I don't think that I will be sacrificing any of my collection for this shake but I will probably hit yard sales, ebay, etc, for incomplete games to scavenge the boards from.

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Fuller
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've also been looking for ideas for this. Here is one pic I have seen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out this thread:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/251908
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Driver 8
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hansa is the first game to come to mind. Especially because it's not very expensive. Great game by the way.

A good yard sale/thrift store game you might find is Scotland Yard. I love the old Ravensburger map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is my Risk game

I call it "Turn 5". I played 4 rounds by myself and then glued all of the bits down.

Here is a stab at an altered cigar box

The outside uses a card from Power Barons and the interior uses the gameboard from Power Barons and the white head is from Conspiracy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotty Dickey
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

My wife bought this game simply to hang it on the wall. We've never played it. She just thought the board was beautiful. I think it works well in our game room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Spencer
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

If you don't know the game, it looks like a really stylish piece of modern art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
Wakefield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the input everyone, some great ideas! I love the 'games in progress' that have been framed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Dickerson
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As much as it may mar my image within the BGG community, I framed an in-progress Monopoly game a few months ago. Looks pretty good in my room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
Wakefield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did most of you do the framing yourselves or did you have it done at a frame shop? If you did it yourself can you share the specifics on the type of frame used, etc?

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.