Popular Tags: [View All]
david karasick
United States
Gladwyne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems that you can spend an enormous anount of time not finishing the clock time by using your stored pickup chits and using the 0,1,and 2 cards picked up. There must be a rule adjustment to allow for the time to expire in reasonable fashion. Nobody wants the penalty for taking the used privilege cards you turn over in the course of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
If you change the rules, it would be a different game. The whole point of collecting the tokens is to prolong the day and avoid taking the event tile. Sometimes play can continue round the table several times while the clock is at 11pm, with everybody able to play low value cards and counteract them with tokens. That's the game - if you don't like it, perhaps this game isn't for you.

Sometimes it feels like the event tile will inevitably go to the unlucky player who doesn't draw a 0-2 value card. This can be mitigated somewhat by collecting hour tokens earlier in the day, or good hand management. If you feel this part is too luck-based, you could introduce a variant. Personally, it doesn't bother me: I think it plays OK as is, despite me ending up with the event tile more often than not!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david karasick
United States
Gladwyne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In our 3 player game we kept collecting tokens and were able to delay the end of the day for long stretches which made the game tiresome. Maybe there should be a limit to the number of tokens you can collect..........like 5........and if you collect more then these go into the line rather than into your supply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon Appelcline
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You realize that you reduce the time by 1 per token, not by the value of the token?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rudram
Canada
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There would appear to be times that taking the event tile to end the day is a good thing to do. Just not too often. Maybe once per game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.