Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
DT Dyer
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking for a game that I used to play as a young man, about 25 years ago. The game was a dungeon-crawl where the players controlled different groups of dwarves. The map was made of several interchangeable map pieces (made of printed paper). This was a chit heavy game and encounters for player groups were determined randomly. Player group with neither confrontational nor cooperative, it was as if each group were on a large map and didn't have that much interaction. The game was packaged in a small, flat, plastic box similar to the packaging for early Car Wars.
Any help would be appreciated in identifying this particular game. At the time is seemed a time-consuming, lots of rules, and a lot of little chits. Not what I was into then but I think that I could make it work these days.
Thanks for hints, questions and queries in helping me figure this out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
DungeonQuest?

-DK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
The only game I can think of that focuses on dwarves, has a modular board, and was available around 1983 is The Lords of Underearth. It does not have multiple dwarf players (as far as I can recall) and it did not come in a plastic box - but I can't think of games from that time that came in small plastic boxes except for some from Steve Jackson Games and some from TSR, and neither of them produced anything similar to the description.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DT Dyer
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bingo!!!

Thanks Dan! Never thought that I would find out so fast. This was my second visit to the sight on a friends recommendation and this site rocks.

Thanks again, can't wait to play that game again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.