4 Posts

Barbarossa: Army Group North, 1941» Forums » General

Subject: Counter manifest rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy James
msg tools
mbmb
I recently bought AGN in apparently mint condition but I have become concerned that it has a countersheet missing. There are three full size sheets numbered 1 to 3 of 4 and a fourth sheet labelled 'Barbarossa Extra'. These are the sheets also shown on Wargamer.com reference scans but there is a sheet marked '4 of 4' in the images shown here on Boardgamegeek. Can anyone clarify? Have i been duped? Am I a countersheet short of a full game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Thorngren
Sweden
västra Frölunda
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am afraid that you don’t have the complete game, although the missing counter sheet is by far the least important. "The Barbarossa Extra" is from a magazine...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, Peter, but you're mistaken. Andy's copy is complete. But it's certainly a confusing enough situation. AGN was shipped with exactly what was described - sheets 1-3 and Extra. Sheet 4 was printed at the same time (hence the title) but was not shipped with the game. It was only sold direct from GMT. However, it is no longer available (I checked a couple months back). As you can see from the scan here at BGG, it included only some extra system counters and breakdown regiments, nothing essential to the game. I believe the intention was that the sheet be used with the older games in order to update their system counters to AGN standards, so that they could played without stealing counters from AGN itself. If you compare sheet 4 to the other scans, you can see that all the sheet 4 counters are already included on the other sheets.

You can verify the above by digging back through the EFS folder on CSW, but I don't recall which keywords led me to the relevant posts anymore.

So your copy is complete, Andy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy James
msg tools
mbmb
Wow. This is the first time I placed a query on the geek and now I know why it's so highly valued. Experts are out there! Thank you both for your answers - I have trawled back through CSW and you seem to have been to the same place Todd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.