Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Short
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I spent hours writing a session report only to have my submission get cut off because I used a "less than" character near the start of the article. My backup was deleted by a vindictive relative. Is there any way to recover the text I submitted, or is it lost forever?

I understand that it sees the less than and assumes it is an unfinished html tag. Does it actually throw away everything after that point, or does it just not display it in the posted text? I'm just looking for any loophole that might allow me to recover my work.

Thanks to anyone who can offer me help,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Derk appears from the mists...
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Nope. Sorry 'bout that. Sounds like you did the right thing and wrote it in something other than the web form, but the HTML check happened prior the insertion to the database. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bsushort wrote:
My backup was deleted by a vindictive relative.

There are various "undelete" utilities out there. The longer you wait (and do other disk-related operations), the more difficult recovery will be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.