6 Posts

Loopin' Louie» Forums » General

Subject: New or Old Louie? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen a few posts regarding the qualities of the original verision of LL, along with the newer version but I am still torn as to which one I should buy.

Are both of them of equal quality? Does one last longer on batteries than the other? Any difference in play?

Can anyone give me some convincing direction on why I should buy one over the other?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl Boone
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Reading your recent posts has been like dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played the new version many times, and then the old version once. I don't recall any difference in gameplay, Louie seemed to act pretty much exactly the same in both versions, in that my l33t l0u13 sk1llz carried over to the old version just fine. Quality was similar. I couldn't compare battery life, but the new box is much smaller (square and thick) than the old box (flat and very, very long).

I'd say go with whichever one is easier for you to find.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To my understanding, the only real difference is the size of the games.

From what I have read, the gameplay is the same and unless you have them side by side or have played one version for a long time - you can't tell the difference.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
My children received a copy of the new one for Christmas this year. What a wonderful game! I've not played the old one, but I can assure you that the new one plays addictively well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cbs42 wrote:
My children received a copy of the new one for Christmas this year. What a wonderful game! I've not played the old one, but I can assure you that the new one plays addictively well.

Hi Chris

For X-mas I was able to pick up an original version on Ebay for $42 (very good condition). I have not played the new version but I concur that the game was a hoot for both young aned old alike. In fact, I have a picture of my 80 year old mother playing with the grand kids.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
piks wrote:
I have a picture of my 80 year old mother playing with the grand kids.

Outstanding!

If you're not the private type, you should upload the picture as a game image. From the description, it sounds like it would get a load of thumbs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.