Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
While the rest of the nation argues who should play in the Big 12 championship and potentially play in the national championship, I will continue to cheer on my Montana Grizzlies, who won their first playoff game yesterday against the Texas State Bobcats (31-13) and face Weber State next weekend in the quarterfinals.

Watch out Chattanooga, we are rollin'!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
"While I'd rather have a 'bottle' in front of ME, than to have a 'frontal lobotomy'!" robot

J. Frank Parnell: "Ever been to Utah? Ra-di-a-tion. Yes, indeed. You hear the most outrageous lies about it. Half-baked goggle-box do-gooders telling everybody it's bad for you. Pernicious nonsense. Everybody could stand a hundred chest X-rays a year. They ought to have them, too. When they canceled the project it almost did me in. One day my mind was full to bursting. The next day - nothing. Swept away. But I showed them! I had a lobotomy in the end."

Otto: "Lobotomy? Isn't that for loonies?"

J. Frank Parnell: "Not at all. Friend of mine had one. Designer of the neutron bomb. You ever hear of the neutron bomb? Destroys people - leaves buildings standing. Fits in a suitcase. It's so small, no one knows it's there until - BLAMMO. Eyes melt, skin explodes, everybody dead. So immoral, working on the thing can drive you mad. That's what happened to this friend of mine. So he had a lobotomy. Now he's well again..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Franka
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
KSensei wrote:
...who won their first playoff game yesterday...

What's a playoff? That sounds confusing and scary.

Sigh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
bigtex01 wrote:
KSensei wrote:
...who won their first playoff game yesterday...

What's a playoff? That sounds confusing and scary.

Sigh.

And I would think a fan of a team that is getting screwed out of the Big 12 title game by the BCS would be screaming for a playoff system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My school went 11-1, beat 4 bowl bound teams by an average of nearly 30 points, and lost that one game by one point on the road to a team that finished 8-4 and is also going to a bowl game, and yet nobody has talked about us for a month now! This team could play with any of the top 10 in the country, but won't get a chance to play for the title. The BCS sucks.

Signed,
L. Zappa
PSU
Civil Engineering Technology, '84
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Franka
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
desertfox2004 wrote:
My school went 11-1, beat 4 bowl bound teams by an average of nearly 30 points, and lost that one game by one point on the road to a team that finished 8-4 and is also going to a bowl game, and yet nobody has talked about us for a month now! This team could play with any of the top 10 in the country, but won't get a chance to play for the title. The BCS sucks.

I'm right there with ya, brother. I feel your pain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heartbreak, you know, drives a big, black car. Swear I was in the backseat just minding my own..
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Spoon!
badge
Well, once again we find that clowning and anarchy don't mix.
mbmbmbmbmb
This came as no surprise to me. It always works out in Oklahoma's favor. Doesn't matter what's fair.

It's not the first and it won't be the last time OU gets awarded a national championship game berth it didn't deserve. We can only hope the Sooners get their asses kicked again to advance the cause of finally getting a playoff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
Let the Sooners play Boise State again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
Montana 35 - James Madison University 27

The Grizzlies are in the National Championship!!!!!

Wooooo Hoooooo!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.