1 Posts

RAF» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Stellato
United States
flag msg tools
I know it's Valentine's Day, but my wife and I just had a baby so she's been pretty wiped out. I decided to play RAF to pass the time while I was keeping watch on the little man.

I played the Hardest Days scenario which covers August 11 - 17th, 1940. It started out well for the RAF, the first day was stormy and the Brits faced no German opposition. However, the second day brought forth Goering's rage. An all out assault.

I was lucky at first intercepting a minor raid on Middle Wallop, but ended up damaging several squadrons. But I did eliminate two gruppens. Then the proverbial crap hit the fan. The Nazis hit Biggins and North Weald airfields and severely damaged two radar installations - Poling and Rye. Poling suffered immensely. I ended up losing three squadrons much to my dismay. I found myself quickly in the negative for VPs.

The next couple of days showed little action. I tried to scrounge up what little fighters I could to try to blunt the blow. The jerrys did some little damage to Tangmere and Kenley. I was able to get more of my squadrons back on line by the 15th.

The next day jerry hit us hard. I drew two consecutive events that allowed the bombing of secondary targets and no gruppen were aborted. I lost Beachy Head and Dunwich radar installations for the rest of the week. I was hoping for a respite on the last day, but it never came. The Germans launched three attacks on the 17th and I was unable to stem the tide. The RAF went down with an operational defeat. My final score was -21.

What I learned. It is absolutely crucial that you manage your squadrons wisely. Always try to keep fighters on patrol so that they can respond. That ground all patrols event bit me on the second day and I was unable to recover the downward spiral.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.