Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Gill
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Ultimate Spider-Man comics #1 - 27. They're all first printings. I've seen very dramatic variations in price on ebay from $20 to almost $500 for the #1 version that I own (just the regular 'red cover'), so I'm pretty confused.

Is there any website on the internet that shows prices which would be accurate? Or do any of you have a magazine on hand that would say it? Or maybe you just know this stuff and can tell me?

I'm thinking of selling them but I don't want to give them away. Should I have them graded first? How does that work.

I also have Ultimate X-Men #1-3, some Spawn comics but my knowledge of Spawn price wise is that they're basically worthless. I got a lot of #1s in stores like Dark Ages spawn and Undead Spawn and Hell Spawn etc etc etc pretty cheap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
The value depends greatly on the condition of the books. If they are sealed and graded they would be worth more. If they are read and in good condition you would probably be on the lower end of what they are worth. One of my friends did Okay on e-bay - he at least got something for the books he was selling. One place to check prices is ComicsPriceGuide.com - You do need to create an account to see the prices but it is free to create one.

Oh, you can also try and sell right on the site too! Maybe you'd have better luck there than on ebay?

Good luck!

Your friendly neighborhood Vandemonium
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barlow
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No one takes the time to read anymore.
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are suitable questions for these guys:
[url]
http://www.wizarduniverse.com/[/url]

The magazine is available at any good newsstand, and certainly at any good comic book shop. Grading is a must these days; I know that, and I don't collect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Gill
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vandemonium wrote:
The value depends greatly on the condition of the books. If they are sealed and graded they would be worth more. If they are read and in good condition you would probably be on the lower end of what they are worth. One of my friends did Okay on e-bay - he at least got something for the books he was selling. One place to check prices is ComicsPriceGuide.com - You do need to create an account to see the prices but it is free to create one.

Good luck!

Your friendly neighborhood Vandemonium

Thanks

I've read all of them but they're in excellent condition. #1 I'm kind of worried about though because there is a printing error on the cover and it looks like it was splattered finely with ink or something during the printing process. It was like that when I got it and it's part of the printing of the book from what I can tell not something that came later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Gill
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok so, My #1 is listed at $90. That makes much more sense than some oddball prices on ebay. All together total for my series I calculated to $545. Not bad...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Franka
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Of course, I guess the ultimate question is "whatever someone will pay for them." The figure you provided probably helps you decide a starting point should you decide to sell them. The problem is, does knowing that mean you'll be sorely disappointed if you get less (like, say, $350)?

If you're going to sell them, getting them graded seems like a worthwhile investment. What may be excellent to you and me may only be very good to a trained grader. And advertising them as being graded may make finding a buyer easier, which means more money.

If you auction them, you almost need at least two people to want them, so that they drive up the bidding between them. If you start bidding at a low number and find only one interested buyer, that one buyer could get a pretty good deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TxGowan
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The amount you got from the price guide may be what they're "worth" on the open market, but do not expect to get that for them. If you take them to a comic book shop, they'll probably give you a fair price, but they have to make a profit back on the books and if they give you $90 for the first issue (which is what it lists at), how are they going to justify selling it for more than that?

I would definitely send the higher priced books (like #1) to have them graded and slabbed by CGC. The amount you can get for it can sometimes double or more if it is graded high enough.

If there's a comic convention of any real size anywhere near you, CGC will probably have a booth there so you don't have to mail the books to them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.