Luke Moscrop
United Kingdom
Hove
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I’ll apologise upfront if these have been asked somewhere already, but:
I just played the 1st scenario with my brother and we had a couple of situations come up we were unsure about, so it would be great to have your input:

1. A couple of times the active player moved into short range firing of the reactive player (to get the extra +3 FP). This often meant, the reactive player would take an opportunity action to fire (assuming they had an ‘unactivated’ unit and to also get the +3 FP advantage). We decided to resolve fire simultaneously, but the question is whether the reactive gets a shot before the active player, potentially ‘hitting’ them and damaging the active unit before its attack?

2. When taking an opportunity action to fire, can you use any remaining CAP points to increase your FP?

3. Combat: It says you can fire at a unit an unlimited number of times (as long as you have the AP’s or CAP’s to do so) but can you switch targets? Eg. Destroy a unit on your first fire, then turn, using an AP and then fire with any remaining AP’s at another unit within range?

Fantastic game though. My brother and I loved it. Will definitely be back for more!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
lucmoscrop wrote:
1. A couple of times the active player moved into short range firing of the reactive player (to get the extra +3 FP). This often meant, the reactive player would take an opportunity action to fire (assuming they had an ‘unactivated’ unit and to also get the +3 FP advantage). We decided to resolve fire simultaneously, but the question is whether the reactive gets a shot before the active player, potentially ‘hitting’ them and damaging the active unit before its attack?

Defensive fire, if caused by a reaction to an action (like moving to the adjacent hex), comes first. The moral of this story is don't close on an opponent who can fire back... Approach from the flank (turning to face you is an action, and therefore he can't turn and fire), or on units that have completed their actions (they could use CAPS or Cards though), etc.
Quote:
2. When taking an opportunity action to fire, can you use any remaining CAP points to increase your FP?

Yup.
Quote:
3. Combat: It says you can fire at a unit an unlimited number of times (as long as you have the AP’s or CAP’s to do so) but can you switch targets? Eg. Destroy a unit on your first fire, then turn, using an AP and then fire with any remaining AP’s at another unit within range?

Yup. Of course, the pivot, if needed, is an action in itself, and can be reacted to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.