Subject: Hexside Movement Limits While Besieging rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Hall
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Rule 5.3 Hexside Limits says:
"Hexside Limits are ignored unless attacking. Blocks entering a hex containing enemy blocks are restricted by hexside terrain, as noted in the ATTACK column of the Terrain Effects table."

My interpretation of this rule is that if my units are besieging units in a town or fort, then my other units can pass freely, without hexside limits, through the hex because they are not "attacking". This is true despite the fact that the hex contains enemy blocks.

This interpretation makes sense to me, as besieged units can really have no effect in a hex except to defend their town or fort.

What conclusions have others come to?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note the rule that says the attacker controls the besieged hex (but not the actual city or mission fort) for *all other purposes* I think is how it's worded. I think that includes movement of units through the hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.