Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I read through the rules for the first time. It says that a player can place a card on either his side or his opponent's side. Why would a player put one on his opponent's side? Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To end that issue in the debate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Matthews
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
galeninjapan wrote:
To end that issue in the debate.

This might be particularly helpful, if you are sure to lose the issue, but are aiming for bigger rewards later in the debate round, so you want the issue you are going to lose to resolve earlier.

Also, don't forget, if you played a card with ONLY your opponent's icon, you've got to play it on his side of the table. You might do that to help yourself a little during the course of one of the earlier rounds.

Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see, thanks guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Maurer
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I had no idea. I will keep this in mind for my next 1960 game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Velazquez
Spain
Cordoba
Cordoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought there was no need to open a new thread for another question about the debates in 1960: Making ... so here I go, and I would be grateful if Mr. Jason could reply from his own pointview:

In the debates round, are the players obligued to play all the 5 cards?
Two examples:

1. A player has 3 of her 5 cards with the Economy Icon (and her candidate icon). So when she plays 2 cards of these (in the Economy issue space in his side), the issue is won according to the rules. what about the 3rd card with her candidate icon and the economy icon? It cannot be played thereafter, isn't it? Is discarded then?

2. A player has 2 of her 5 cards with the opponent's candidate icon. Are these cards played voluntarily or they MUST be played (of course in the opponent's side)? In other words, can a player restrain from playing cards in the debates that go to the opponent's candidate side? What would happen resolving the debates' issues then?

Thanks a lot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.