Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Letourneau
Canada
St-Lambert
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably a stupid question but I have read the rules twice and saw no mention of the use of those "1000" counters. But I'd rather be humiliated than not know what they are used for... This is driving me nuts!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Duguayduguay wrote:
Probably a stupid question but I have read the rules twice and saw no mention of the use of those "1000" counters. But I'd rather be humiliated than not know what they are used for... This is driving me nuts!

I haven't seen the components you're talking about, but I would assume they are for tracking your score, if it goes over 999 on the scoring track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sweeney
United States
Clinton Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Duguayduguay wrote:

I haven't seen the components you're talking about, but I would assume they are for tracking your score, if it goes over 999 on the scoring track.

Correcto!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I played a 3 player game, one person got knocked out at 160ish and I won a short time later with a grand total of 350ish. Did we just play poorly, because I have no idea how you could get so many points. Even with Twice as many people it seems like the best we could do is 600ish

I just read the rules and noticed we made a huge mistake blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BagpipeDan wrote:
I played a 3 player game, one person got knocked out at 160ish and I won a short time later with a grand total of 350ish. Did we just play poorly, because I have no idea how you could get so many points. Even with Twice as many people it seems like the best we could do is 600ish

I just read the rules and noticed we made a huge mistake blush

What was the mistake?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is unusual for anyone to go over 1000 points, but not impossible. I'd say it happens in 5-10% of games. It will happen more often among less experienced players, as you let things drag out rather than use teleportation to win more quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Demeter
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
DaviddesJ wrote:
It will happen more often among less experienced players, as you let things drag out rather than use teleportation to win more quickly.

Or from fighting battles that you should be throwing. Points add up pretty quick when you do that. That was one habit I had a very hard time breaking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.