Popular Tags: [View All]
The Seal of Approval
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I'll find some tech freaks here, that can help me with this one:

I'd like to buy a HD-DVD recorder in the near future. What I'm looking for the usual stuff (play/record DVDs, as many formats as possible, time shift, ...). DivX is a must.

Now this is where it gets difficult: I want to connect the recorder to my PC, so I can backup recordings on my PC, and play (or copy and then play) videos from my PC. Alternatively, I can also imagine connecting an external HD, which I would carry between recorder and PC at need.

Also, any good review sites out there?

Thanks a ton!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Dunne
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tivo is the best bet I think. Easy to add an external HDD to it, but it can also be put on a local network, and you can move content to and from it, so good flexibility there. Not sure if it supports Divx, but if it isn't native I am sure that someone has written a file for that too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Seal of Approval
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm...two things:

1) I believe it's not available in Austria (or elsewhere in Europe) - at least I haven't found anything about availability in Europe in a quick search
2) I don't like monthly subscriptions. I mean, I have the TV channels I need, and I'm already paying for that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.