Subject: Rules or Further Information rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Spangler
United States
Unspecified
Washington
flag msg tools
As a fan of the legendary Up Front card game--in my mind one of the best tactical WWII games ever designed--I'm more than a little interested in this new game by Dan. I'm thinking strongly of pre-ordering. But before I do, I'd like a little more information about it. Seeing the rules would be great or some examples of play, a playtester report, anything to give more information about game play.

I have to say that I'm underwhelmed by the art on the soldier cards, but that's not a big deal for me, and the artwork is certainly functional which is the important thing. It's just not as realistic as the Up Front soldier cards, which makes me wonder if the game itself is lightweight. While I don't need anything as complex as Up Front, I am looking to see if it's more complex than Down in Flames or Modern Naval Battles, both fun games but not what I would look for in a tactical WWII card game.

The economic times right now encourage penny pinching and making difficult choices. so before pre-ordering, I'd like to know more of what I'd be getting for the $60 (pre-order price plus postage).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
+1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Verssen
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
David,

I think you have a good idea about posting rules or an example of play. I'll see what I can do about posting something soon to give people a better feel for the game.

For complexity, I'm aiming for more than DIF, but less than Up Front.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Spangler
United States
Unspecified
Washington
flag msg tools
Thanks, Dan. I appreciate it. Sorry to have you answer twice, here and on Consimworld, but I wasn't sure the best place to reach you.

And as I asked there, are there terrain cards to create a "map" as in Up Front or are movement, terrain, and cover handled differently? (I guess the rules or an example of play would answer these questions, too!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Colpaert
Belgium
TEMSE
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Dan,

I'm interested as well to see a playtest-sample of your game in order to get an idea. What interests me the most is the "solitaire" playability. I still play Thunderbolt Apache leader and it will be 1 of my favourites for the rest of my life, so I know what you're capable of concerning the soloplay.

Looking forward to it!

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davide Banchini c/o SELED
Italy
Faenza
Ravenna
flag msg tools
badge
mb
New file for download on DVG website
with rules in a draft form
www.dvg.com

(I dont post the direct link because it doesnt get formatted correctly
simply follow the left column with the Frontline title on the website)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.