Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Rampson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't played yet (first game will be tonight) but I had a question from reading through the rules:

In the description of one of the Green Taoist's special powers, it mentions a "support roll". I can't find any other mention of "support roll" in the rulebook. What is a "support roll"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it mean the grey dice? One of the Green Taoist powers is to roll the grey dice in combat, in addition to the white dice... In addition to this, I think (s)he can ignore the curse dice.

The other Green power is to re-roll white dice in combat.

edit: see my entry below

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
While I was taught the game, and have only used the rules for reference, I'm thinking that they are referring to the grey extra die the green taoist can have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Toderas
Germany
Düsseldorf
Deutschland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Grey dice. The Green Taoist will always roll with the grey dice included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just had another thought about this... A "support roll" is actually when you roll the white dice for using a village space. e.g. to get tao tokens at the Herbalists...
The grey dice is the Green Taoists other ability. Apologies for the earlier confusion...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.