United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All 6 First goals and all 4 Most goals? I know you're only supposed to use 4 and 2 of them respectively, but I'm curious to know if anyone's gotten there, or at least gotten close to that.

Also mention how many players there were, as that does make a noticeable difference in this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Aquino
United States
Circleville
Ohio
flag msg tools
I've gotten just 4 of the first goals in a game.. and 2 of the most in another.. but I haven't yet gotten ALL the goals in a single game.

Gotten close though. Just needed one more, but my opponent just couldn't bow out gracefully, heh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Runyan
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like getting all the goals in the game would be like a blow-out situation only.
My friend came close to getting all 4/2 playing Separatist Colony and he beat me by a lot.

It was frustrating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jpwrunyan wrote:
Seems like getting all the goals in the game would be like a blow-out situation only.
My friend came close to getting all 4/2 playing Separatist Colony and he beat me by a lot.

It was frustrating.
Reverse frustration for me. First time I introduced the exp to my game group, it was like no1 paid any attention. Well, that wasn't true, as 2 of the 1st goals were tied and one went to someone else, but I ran away with 19pts from 3 and 2 first and most goals respectively alone. It actually felt 'dirty' to have gotten so many points in that fashion. It's better now since they're more aware of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Runyan
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
jpwrunyan wrote:

It was frustrating.
Reverse frustration for me. First time I introduced the exp to my game group, it was like no1 paid any attention. Well, that wasn't true, as 2 of the 1st goals were tied and one went to someone else, but I ran away with 19pts from 3 and 2 first and most goals respectively alone. It actually felt 'dirty' to have gotten so many points in that fashion. It's better now since they're more aware of them.

Yep, exactly what my friend did to me. I am betting your friends were semi-veteran players. I had more games under my belt than my friend and I approached the goals as simply things I would pick up if my normal play strategy permitted. He played cards specifically to obtain them. You see, I think he was still in the early experimental stage of his gameplay development (trying new things out to see what they get you) where I was in the less flexible refinement stage of my gameplay development (try to optimize my favorite approaches).

I guess I should revise my evaluation and say that for someone like me I would have gotten the goals in a blow-out situation only (and just augmented a pre-destined victory). But it seems now on reflection a perfectly reasonable strategy to go mainly for goals and get a sub-blow-out-but-nevertheless-decisive win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.