Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I'm pretty sure I recall reading here some months ago that concealment only affects one defense roll, but now I can't seem to find the relevant thread. The only reason I ask is because while absentmindedly thumbing through version 1.1 of the rules last night, I noticed that in the example of play a concealment card is used to lower the attack total for two defense rolls. In other words, there were two units in the targeted hex, and both made their defense rolls against the lowered attack total instead of the original one. I'm sure this is just either a misprint or a case in which the example of play was done using an earlier ruleset, but of course my obsessive mind still has me losing sleep over this bit of minutiae!

My second question is regarding the movement between adjacent hexes containing trenches. Is the 1 MP/No OpFire rule in effect only when the movement involves a trench? I wouldn't get this benefit when moving bwteen two pillboxes, right? But I would if moving from a trench to a pillbox?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Bailey
United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
Why don't you believe me?
badge
Seriously, I'm a weasel.
mb
Concealment decreases the firepower of a single attack. This means it would apply to all defense rolls caused by that specific attack. I hope that answers your first question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Read the effect of A29. Concealment..it reduces the Fire Attack Total by the amount of cover. So if there are three units in the hex, and Concealment is played prior to the first Defense Roll, it the card will affect all three subsequent Defense Rolls as the Fire Attack Total is lowered for all three Defense Rolls.

As for the pillbox question, that is correct. The benefit of 1 MP & No OpFire is only for Trench to Trench or Trench to Pillbox/Bunker or Pillbox/Bunker to Trench. It is a benefit of Trenches, not the Pillbox. So Pillbox to Pillbox would be subject to OpFire and normal MP costs (unless you advanced into the adjacent Pillbox)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, thanks for the quick replies. It turns out I've been playing that action wrong; I could've sworn I'd read differently at some point, but clearly that's not the case. I suppose that makes concealment more valuable, which is something I'll keep in mind.

Thanks again for the quick answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Borat Sagdiyev
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RPardoe wrote:
So Pillbox to Pillbox would be subject to OpFire and normal MP costs (unless you advanced into the adjacent Pillbox)

I guess that would be the case if it was allowed to have more than one Pillbox in play.

But it isn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only one pillbox allowed at a time? Wow, I don't recall ever seeing that rule. Wonder what else I've been missing...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
There is only one pillbox counter in the countermix. And it is usually placed only by the "Hidden Pillbox" action, which states - if not already in play....

So no rule needed, just a limitation of the game as boxed.

(There are multiple bunkers though...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.