Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am absolutely thrilled that I own a copy of Valley Games' Titan As has been discussed in other threads the production quality is astounding and the fact that I'm not having to track it down via online auctions is another major bonus.

The minor (teeny tiny) quibble I have, is the fact that you cannot make out the details of the scaled down creature artwork (yes I'm at the age where I'm having to remove my glasses to read small print.) It made me miss the iconic creature design of the Avalon Hill version both for it's simplicity and it's function.

It would have been (shoulda been, coulda been) great if they had dedicated a couple of pages, showcasing Kurt Miller's creature design by way of an illustrated glossary. I think that could have served as justification for using the CG artwork. If need be one could always refer to the glossary to see how a Troll differs from a Cyclops (if'n you didn't know the difference).

Anyway it ain't gonna happen, but one can dream.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Weintraub
United States
Commack
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Lock him up!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you're right that in addition to the well-aired quibble that the artwork is a bit hard to distinguish, there's also the fact that such nice artwork is by and large wasted since it's so nicely detailed and we can't much see it. I suppose that's why the printed the back of the masterboard the way they did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Warbanner wrote:
I suppose that's why the printed the back of the masterboard the way they did.

That maybe true and unfortunately what characters are there (I can't recall which ones, as my board is currently set-up) look semi transparent and are somewhat obscured by overlying objects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.