United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
Being a Lions fan is a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just sifting through the santa account's geekmail to see if there was a reply from my target and it took much longer than I think it should have.

So here's my request...after you read a reply from your target, could you delete the geekmail? I know it would be nice to hang onto those messages for all eternity, but I'm not asking you to delete it out of the Trash as well, just get it out of the main Inbox.

This would make sifting through the messages much easier. Same goes for the B Obvious account. But be careful: Do not delete items that aren't from your own target! There is a chance that their Secret Santa hasn't read them yet.

(Of course, in my dream world, people wouldn't even open a geekmail in the Santa or BOB account unless it was from their own target. But it seems that is out of the realm of possibility since there is so much public access to the accounts.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Benham
United States
Inver Grove Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found doing a quick Find on the Inbox list for my target's name to be quick and easy. It is a giant list of mail, but it's only scrolling at about a page every 3 days, so it's not that hard to sort through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
Being a Lions fan is a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
NinjaPirateAssassin wrote:
I found doing a quick Find on the Inbox list for my target's name to be quick and easy. It is a giant list of mail, but it's only scrolling at about a page every 3 days, so it's not that hard to sort through.

Point taken, and thanks for the advice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Given the risk of people screwing up and accidentally deleting other messages, it might be safer to just use the search function in your browser to search for your target's username, rather than encouraging everyone to delete email in the Santa account...!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blott wrote:
So here's my request...after you read a reply from your target, could you delete the geekmail? I know it would be nice to hang onto those messages for all eternity, but I'm not asking you to delete it out of the Trash as well, just get it out of the main Inbox.

An easier and safer way would be to just attach a tag to read messages. Personally, I don't want to see messages deleted from the BOB inbox because I refer to them frequently for ideas, and I'm sure Jatoha uses them for tracking purposes too (to see who is responding and who needs a nudge).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.