Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone clarify exactly what the Second Wind ability allows the Blue Taoist to do? It says he can attempt two exorcisms, but following the rules for exorcism, a Taoist (any color) can only exorcise a ghost to which he is adjacent. Thus, when on a corner tile, a Taoist (any color) can possibly exorcise two ghosts. So what is different regarding the Blue Taoist and his ability?

Thanks,
Ricky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. N. Dominick
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd imagine the Blue Taoist can try to exorcise the same ghost twice, or, in a corner, roll once for one ghost and once for the other instead of trying to exorcise both ghosts with one roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Preacher wrote:
So what is different regarding the Blue Taoist and his ability?

If he fails, he may try again (or if he is in a corner, he may kill a ghost with the first attempt and the other with the second, etc.).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok - makes sense now. Thanks, folks!

Ricky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Ko
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what about using villager tiles? If blue taoist is at the temple can he procure 2 buddhas with this ability?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
sparticus75 wrote:
what about using villager tiles? If blue taoist is at the temple can he procure 2 buddhas with this ability?

Indeed, that's the point.
Double Buddha or 4 Tao tokens (from the Herbalist) are excellent choices for a "Second Wind" monk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Ko
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Luca for the confirmation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Marandola
Canada
Mirabel
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For is other power use one village tile and perform one exorcism does it was to be on the same tile or can I use one village move then exorcism a ghost.

I think you have to do both on the same tile but just what to be sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Randy Weston - The Spirits of Our Ancestors
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Morrison wrote:
For is other power use one village tile and perform one exorcism does it was to be on the same tile or can I use one village move then exorcism a ghost.

I think you have to do both on the same tile but just what to be sure.

First you move, then you do both the village tile and the exorcism. If you look at the flowchart on the back of the rulebook, that should make it clear (move is '1', request help from villager is '2a' and exorcism is '2b').
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From - Universal Head GHOST STORIES Rules Summary & Reference (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/43235/universal-head-g...)

Yang Phase (Taoist)

You may use your Yin-Yang power before or after any step.

1. Move to an adjacent space (optional)

2. Request help from a villager OR attempt an exorcism

a. Request support from a villager on your tile
b. Exorcise a ghost on an adjacent tile

On 3 Tao dice roll a number of colored faces equal to the ghost’s resistance. White faces are wild. You may spend Tao tokens of the color you need. You may use Tao tokens of Taoists on the same village tile.

Once exorcised, a ghost is discarded and its abilities vanish. Some ghosts curse and/or reward the Taoist that exorcises them (right-hand stone).

3) Place a Buddha (optional)

You may place a Buddha figure on the Buddha symbol of an empty ghost space you are facing. A ghost on a space with a Buddha is discarded (and does not apply its curses or rewards), and the Buddha is placed on the Buddhist Temple tile.

----------------

From this, movement is optional, but I think once you chose to exorcise or ask for help, you are essentially locking your place on the board. So, if this is the case, you would be able to ask the villager for help and exorcise one ghost near the same village tile, but not move between these two actions..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Marandola
Canada
Mirabel
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I tought just whated to be sure since it was a special power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.