United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The starter (MSRP~$70) is available at FFG for $20.

Its a Christmas sale. Now, sometimes it says out of stock, sometimes it doesn't. Not sure if they're rationing a few a day or if they just keep finding more.

Books are $10, most units are $10, some are $5, some $15.

For Christmas I picked up the starter plus the full rule book plus the army books for Dirz, Temple and Wolf, plus 4 additional unit boxes for Temple and Wolf each plus 5 boxes for scorpion - $200.

For those familiar with the game, I don't think I need to point out that that's probably about $700 of stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Game group needed...
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I am now heavily 'invested' in AT-43 and Ragnarok. Anyone wanna come and play with me? blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Coeur D'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the starter box. I was hoping to get it before the sale ended so that I could try out the game, you know, just in case I need more I got the AT-43 starter box as well. I am very excited to give these a try! I've never played a miniatures war game before!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You got it Paul!!! I hit this sale big time! I already had the base Confrontation and AT-43 games. Confrontation seems to be what I really like so that is what I concentrated on. I ordered all the books and cards and plenty of Wolf, Griff and Scorpion units to keep me busy for a bit! Plus...I think my girl ordered some more units for me for Christmas!
Nice to havea sale like this...I think there has been more of a run on the AT-43 stuff!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyD wrote:
I think there has been more of a run on the AT-43 stuff!

My son is going to be my main dude on this, and he liked the Wolfen over anything AT43 had to offer. For scifi we do WH40K or Haloclix for the light version. Fantasy will be Confrontation or WoW for the light version. We tend to lean more fantasy (HeroScape, Nin-Gonost...)

How do you like Confrontation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I had anyone to play Confrontation with, I would definitely follow suit and get a couple of armies. Sadly, I have enough self-control to not get it if I'll never play.
Unless... someone in Cambridge...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gyges wrote:
Sadly, I have enough self-control to not get it if I'll never play.

That's very sad indeed.

You could always get some under the assumption that one day you will play it.

Hell, I did that and now I have kids to teach games!

My boy loves minis and my girl loves everything else!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
Gyges wrote:

That's very sad indeed.

You could always get some under the assumption that one day you will play it.

Hell, I did that and now I have kids to teach games!

Hm... Conceive, nine months' gestation, say another eight years to grow up... That's a long-term investment. I will hope that in the interim, another minis game is released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gyges wrote:
I will hope that in the interim, another minis game is released.

But not at this price!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
JohnnyD wrote:
I think there has been more of a run on the AT-43 stuff!

My son is going to be my main dude on this, and he liked the Wolfen over anything AT43 had to offer. For scifi we do WH40K or Haloclix for the light version. Fantasy will be Confrontation or WoW for the light version. We tend to lean more fantasy (HeroScape, Nin-Gonost...)

How do you like Confrontation?

I have a copy of Hybrid and Rag'narok so the game is not new to me. The rules are WAY better than the previous games....kind of like your re-do of the Nin-Gonost ruleset. Its nice to have a system that is in between the 2 previous games released. Hybrid is a fun system but I always found myself wanting more figures to maneuver per game. Rag'narok was the exact opposite...to many characters to assemble, paint and get on the field of battle. Confrontation fits in the middle. I can now assemble armies of roughly 1500 to 2000 points and have a well controlled game.

I really like the newer version of Confrontation...it has more 'meat' to it for a rules set than AT-43. My kids seem to really enjoy it too. We have Scifi in the form of 40K and Epic so At-43 was just a check to see if it would replace those....it didn't....too much invested in GW. I do have Warhammer Fantasy and Warmaster and of course Nin-Gonost...but Confrontation does seem to replace the nitch that Warhammer Fantasy had in my collecton. My WF may got by the wayside and sold....Warmaster will stay due to the Epic feel of it.

I wish we lived closer...sound like you and I and our kids would have many fine gaming days!!!!

JohnnyD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
watcher_b wrote:
I got the starter box. I was hoping to get it before the sale ended so that I could try out the game, you know, just in case I need more I got the AT-43 starter box as well. I am very excited to give these a try! I've never played a miniatures war game before!

James,

I do think you will like this game! The rules are easy to grasp ..way easier than the older game. If you have any inclination of staying with the system...I suggest picking up mini's at this fantastic price!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Game group needed...
mbmbmbmbmb
Gyges wrote:

Not Me! shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
Gyges wrote:

But not at this price!

Must. Ignore. Evil. Man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gyges wrote:
Geosphere wrote:
Gyges wrote:

But not at this price!

Must. Ignore. Evil. Man.

Prepainted. The starter is $20! That gets you 14 of what are very probably the best painted prepaints on the market. 14 minis for $20! PLUS the terrain altar. PLUS the dice. The 80+page history and rule book. The measuring tape.

These guys regularly sold at $25 for 3 dudes. Its $50 off, which allows you to buy about 5 extra unit packs at the original price! That's something like 25-30 additional guys! Or you can buy the army books and complete rules book. Man. What a deal.

Join us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
The starter is $20! That gets you 14 of what are very probably the best painted prepaints on the market. 14 minis for $20! PLUS the terrain altar. PLUS the dice. The 80+page history and rule book. The measuring tape.

These guys regularly sold at $25 for 3 dudes. Its $50 off, which allows you to buy about 5 extra unit packs at the original price! That's something like 25-30 additional guys! Or you can buy the army books and complete rules book. Man. What a deal.

Join us.

Even picking up just the starter is worth it....trying a game for 20.00 instead of 60 or 70 is GREAT!

I figured with what I ordered, I am saving about 400.00 off retail and that fields some darn big armies....or shall I put it...the ability to have armies designed for specific opponents and /or scenarios!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyD wrote:

Even picking up just the starter is worth it....trying a game for 20.00 instead of 60 or 70 is GREAT!

The man doesn't need your help, John.
The internet is just filled with enablers...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gyges wrote:
JohnnyD wrote:

Clicky clicky: http://store.fantasyflightgames.com/productdetails.cfm?sku=C...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well? What did you buy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John B
United States
West Allis
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
OK, I think I'm jumping in too, but what to buy? If I want to assemble armies for Griffin, Scorpion, and Wolfen, does it make sense to buy one of each unit/attachment box and perhaps double up on the core units like Hunters, Clones, and Spearmen? Can any Confrontation players offer some recommendations for decent 1500-2000 point armies for each race?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gyges wrote:

THIS MESSAGE IS FOR MARK BIGNEY ONLY...ALL OTHERS LOOK AWAY

I will help you by being a disabler

This game is the worst thing since sliced bread....the rules are a combination of english, russian and hebrew. The figures are made of cheap plastic with highly contaminated lead paint that children can lick off easily and adults....can lick off easily. Sure...there is a huge sale on everything at FFG...but shipping is $565.00 US fixed!

There....does that make it easier for you!

Probably not....you are probably under the hypnotic spell that Paul has cast!!!! laugh

hehehe hahaha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyD wrote:

There....does that make it easier for you!

You, sir, are a saint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Dooley
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarnon wrote:
OK, I think I'm jumping in too, but what to buy? If I want to assemble armies for Griffin, Scorpion, and Wolfen, does it make sense to buy one of each unit/attachment box and perhaps double up on the core units like Hunters, Clones, and Spearmen? Can any Confrontation players offer some recommendations for decent 1500-2000 point armies for each race?

Thanks in advance.

Seconded. I'd really like to know as well, but only Griffin and Wolfen for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kucic
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Error
badge
Hi.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the info! I actually picked up some AT-43 stuff that was on sale. This will let me try out mini gaming without the huge initial cost of entry!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chu
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
QUESTION...
Is the "Confrontation: The Age of Rag'narok Rule Book" different then the one that comes in the Starter Set?

Thanks,
-David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gingold
United States
Goodyear
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davidchujr wrote:
QUESTION...
Is the "Confrontation: The Age of Rag'narok Rule Book" different then the one that comes in the Starter Set?

Thanks,
-David

They both contain the full rules. The rulebook sold separately has more story and fluff in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.