Thumb up
 Hide
55 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Complaint Department

Subject: Dominion for 19.99 on Amazon - not really rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: lie [+] untrue [+] [View All]
Get up, get up, get up, get down, fall over.
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No of course it isn't, do you feel like you have wasted your time clicking through to this thread?

Well that is exactly how I feel when I click through a title in the hot deals forum, just to find out it is only hot deal if you live in a certain country, or on a certain continent.

Please, as a matter of courtesy when you are posting on this forum, take the time to include the country, currency or some other indicator of where the hot deal applies IN THE TITLE OF THE THREAD.

Examples might be:

Dominion for £19.99 on Amazon
OR
UK: Dominion for 19.99 on Amazon
OR
Dominion for 19.99 on Amazon.co.uk

If nothing else, this will remove a source of immense personal frustration.

Rant over, thank you for listening.

P.S. Just to be clear, Dominion is not currently available on Amazon.co.uk and it will probably cost a damn site more than £19.99 when it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Mittelstedt
United States
Hampstead
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Re: Dominion for 19.99 on Amazon
Bah! Hope dasher! May the fleas from a thousand goats infest your armpits!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle S
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it much less frustrating to click on a link to get the details of a Hot Deal than to get duped entirely.

When I click on a deal that does not have all of the information in the title, I understand that it may or may not apply to me. It's not that big a deal. But to have my time COMPLETELY wasted by a ruse is something different.

I understand your point, but this was an entirely obnoxious way to make it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
my eye
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What Kyle said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Spaulding
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Frankly, I'm relieved, having just bought it for $30 US.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Usta Playalot
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You, sir, are annoying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyle,

At the point of writing, two people have chimed in to support you and a further 10 have thumbed your post. Every single one of these is in the US.

As it happens, the vast majority of people who raise the posts that have caused me so much irritation are also from the US.

You, and these other people have been duped once. I am duped every time I click on a thread promising me a good deal ony to find out it does not apply to me.

I have made my point nicely over and over again, gently asking the OP to retitle. Sometimes that has been acted on, sometimes ignored and in aggregate has got me nowhere, in fact the situation has got worse of late. If you have another suggestion to resolve this that would be great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Chavez
Mexico
Monterrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
boltongeordie wrote:

I have made my point nicely over and over again, gently asking the OP to retitle. Sometimes that has been acted on, sometimes ignored and in aggregate has got me nowhere, in fact the situation has got worse of late. If you have another suggestion to resolve this that would be great.

And annoying people is such a great way to make them cooperative.

If no matter what you do, the sea insists on pounding on the beach, there will come a time when you will understand that it is easier for you to adapt to it than the reverse. Enlightment will come, my son.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle S
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
boltongeordie wrote:

BGG is a community. In any community, there are bound to be matters that any given community member will find irritating. Nonetheless, the positives of this community far outweigh the negatives.

I understand your frustration. I applaud the fact that you've asked for improvements. For whatever reason, the BGG community has not embraced your suggestions. It's certainly reasonable to assume that the community disagrees with your position. At a minimum, the community is not nearly as irritated as you are. It may not be fair to you that there is a geographical component, but that's what comes with the internet. I'm thankful that the community here is geographically diverse, even if it may be skewed toward certain countries.

How do you get what you're looking for? I don't know. The simple truth is that you many not get the relief you seek. This is likely, given that you've made multiple requests.

If I were you, I would either:
1) Think of a new strategy; or
2) Accept things the way they are.

I suspect that you'll be much happier with the latter. If you do continue to pursue this issue, I promise you that the tactic you used in this thread will only hurt your cause.

I, sincerely, wish you luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
boltongeordie wrote:
No of course it isn't

Dick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joe quintana
United Kingdom
E Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Kyle wrote
'I find it much less frustrating to click on a link to get the details of a Hot Deal than to get duped entirely.'

Well I find both equally fustrating.

I can see how someone that gets poked in the eye once would be less fustrated than one that gets poked in the eye 50 times a day.

Or how some one that lives in Siberia may not find may not totally understand the fustration of mosquitoes to inhabitants of warmer climates.

Your 'understanding' in my opnion, went out the window by the use of Obnoxious.

The OP was trying to make a point and from where I'm standing, made it very well. Should he do it another 100 times then he would lose my support.

joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Norder
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmb
boltongeordie wrote:
You, and these other people have been duped once. I am duped every time I click on a thread promising me a good deal only to find out it does not apply to me.

You're looking at thread titles on a U.S. site and expecting it to be a deal in British pounds? And you think they are duping you? Give me a break. So if I'm in England and in a shop and see something listed for sale as "4.99" they're duping me if it's in pounds and not dollars?

If after all this time you're not paying enough attention to realize what's up, it's not everyone else's problem, it's yours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Leech
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dannorder wrote:
boltongeordie wrote:
You, and these other people have been duped once. I am duped every time I click on a thread promising me a good deal only to find out it does not apply to me.

You're looking at thread titles on a U.S. site and expecting it to be a deal in British pounds? And you think they are duping you? Give me a break. So if I'm in England and in a shop and see something listed for sale as "4.99" they're duping me if it's in pounds and not dollars?

If after all this time you're not paying enough attention to realize what's up, it's not everyone else's problem, it's yours.

I thought this was meant to be an international site. If it isn't then fair enough but the OP did have a decent point which seems to have got lost among the annoyance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle S
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonnyalpha wrote:
but the OP did have a decent point which seems to have got lost among the annoyance.
Thank you for proving my point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
boltongeordie wrote:
No of course it isn't, do you feel like you have wasted your time clicking through to this thread?

Well that is exactly how I feel when I click through a title in the hot deals forum, just to find out it is only hot deal if you live in a certain country, or on a certain continent.

Please, as a matter of courtesy when you are posting on this forum, take the time to include the country, currency or some other indicator of where the hot deal applies IN THE TITLE OF THE THREAD.

If nothing else, you've convinced me to continue posting threads in the Hot Deals section without giving any clarification at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Utah BGGer
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To compound the problem, I have clicked on at least 5 deals that were Europe/UK only, but had no such indication in the title.

I wasted at least 2 minutes clicking on those. I just wasted at least 4 minutes reading over this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason King
United States
Chicagoland (Orland Park)
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The OP has a good point, I think -- but people will be really put off because of the unfortunate way it was framed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Walkingshaw
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the title, the number of responses, and the lack of thumbs, I knew it was too good to be true before I clicked the link. I came to see the carnage!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
boltongeordie wrote:

You ask the OP to change the title? It would take years for everyone to see your request, so other people will always be doing this. I don't ever remember seeing your requests in any threads I've read.

I also have never seen (or can find in your contributions) an original polite thread requesting this change. Especially without that attempt, I think this thread deserves the criticism it is getting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
klausbh
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
There is actually a pretty decent solution to this problem. If the flag associated with a post's creator were visible next to the title, it would be easy to distinguish currencies without forcing individuals to play nice.

Just my 2 Pfennige.

-Klaus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Saunders
United Kingdom
Blackpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Dick
[/q]

Charming!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Huntington Station
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Quote:
Dominion for 19.99 on Amazon
??!?

But in which currency?

Which Amazon ?? Amazon.co.uk? Amazon.com?? Amazon.de???

I can't find this anywhere!!

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
norman rule
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So... because people have unintentionally annoyed you, you decided to intentionally annoy others?

Childish, don't you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rmartinc wrote:
I also have never seen (or can find in your contributions) an original polite thread requesting this change. Especially without that attempt, I think this thread deserves the criticism it is getting.
Well as my last one was only 6 days ago, you can't have been looking very hard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.