Mark Farr
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just finished searching the rules posts here for some questions I had and managed to find satisfactory answers to all of them, bar this one. No doubt, it is mentioned somewhere, but I honestly couldn't find it.

When moving minions closer to town, I understand that, should a minion be moving into a space that already contains a minion, that minion (the one already in the space) is bumped on accordingly (closer to the Town Hall) if possible, or else it is discarded.

If there are three minions on separate spaces (of course), adjacent to the Town Hall, what happens?

Is the first player (or players) to decide the order in which they move into the Town Hall space (and then get discarded in turn until the last one moves in to remain)? This allows the player(s) to decide which minion gets to remain. It that the intention? It feels wrong somehow.

I read in one of the posts that, should a hero be present, he or she will have to fight each of the minions in turn, as they arrive. This sounds alright at first, but seems messy in practice. In the example above, if a hero was on the Town Hall space, he or she would have to fight three minions in a row, unless he or she was KO'd. What happens then? Would said hero be placed on their side before the minion that just floored them is discarded to make way for the next minion arriving, only to be discard in turn as the last one arrives?

Thank you for your time, my apologies if I have wasted it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FC Wesel
msg tools
There can only be 1 Square minion and 1 Round minion in a space at any given time.

If a minion comes into a space, the previous is pushed to the next spot closest to Town Hall. If the minion is in Town Hall and gets pushed again, it falls off the board and the Shadowtrack moves 1 step closer to Darkness.

If a Hero is in a space and a minion moves into it, at any time, the Hero must fight the minion. If it works out somehow that multiple minions come into his space, he must fight each. The order of which probably really doesn't make a difference.

If he's KO'd, he loses a d6 of INV/ALLY/ITEMS and goes on his side in Town Hall, and is revived in the MYSTERY PHASE. If he is KO'd IN THE Mytsery Phase, then he loses his whole turn and is revived in the FOLLOWING Mystery Phase.

If he's KO'd and in Town Hall he is out of EVERY aspect of the game. If a Minion eneters Town Hall with a KO'd character, when he is revived in the mystery phase he would THEN have to fight the minion(s).

Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Farr
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for that. That is how the rules have it, but it just doesn't feel good to me.

I was hoping that there was something different that had been decided subsequently. Allowing the players to decide the order in which minions move (when all in spaces the same distance from the Town Hall), seems to make it too easy for them. I suppose we could institute a house rule, such as "clockwise" order, but I don't like house rules, as a rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hill
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb

If multiple minions are moving to the same area (for instance the Town Hall) at the same time, the current First Player chooses what order to move them in. If there is a Hero at the space, in this example Town Hall, they must fight each minion as it moves into the space. It is still up to the First Player to determine the order that the minions move. The Town Hall is meant to be a little bit dangerous to hang out at.

- Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Farr
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jason.

I took the game along to my FLGS's game night last night and it was a huge hit, with several people now wanting to purchase it. The last game played saw two teams of 3 players each going up against each other and this was how we played it. It's only in the cooperative game that it feels like a let-off to be able to choose the order in which the minions move. In competetive play, it's far more exciting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.