Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Kenney
United States
New Milford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Gotta catch 'em all!
badge
I like shorts. They are comfy and easy to wear.
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll: Favorite BSG Character
I normally don't like these polls, but thinking about the characters the people in my group choose seems to reveal a bit about that person's play style. Joe usually goes for political/manipulative maneuvers and cannot resist Baltar, whereas I tend to play jack-of-all-trades characters and prefer Tigh.

With that in mind, who do you like to play as?
Who is your favorite character?
William Adama
Saul Tigh
Helo Agathon
Lee "Apollo" Adama
Kara "Starbuck" Thrace
Sharon "Boomer" Valerii
Galen "Chief" Tyrol
Tom Zarek
Gaius Baltar
Laura Roslin
      80 answers
Poll created by jkenney23
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Parkes
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I probably just broke the rules, but I voted for two characters. In my defense, they only have one name: Adama.

William Adama is a blast because you're the admiral right off the bat, with twin nukes in your holsters and a drunk XO at your elbow. If you're a human, you just start dropping executive orders and making the big decisions. Power corrupts, and absolute power is kind of neat. If you're a Cylon, you get to choose between destinations like "Free Fudge Sundae Nebula" and "Torture World," and then apologetically plop down "Torture World" and tell everyone that the other destination was even worse.

Apollo is a pilot with access to leadership/politics, which is fun to play. His special ability to jump into a viper every time one is placed on the board can keep him out of sickbay.

I haven't played as Starbuck, Boomer, Roslin, or Tigh, but I've had a great time as all the other characters. I think to make a truly informed choice, I would have to play this game twenty times, twice with each character (once as a Cylon, once as a human).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Niezelski
United States
Seymour
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Voted for Baltar, of course, but I was a little torn between him and Zarek. Helo was also fun. Rerolling the dice when you're scouting (or for certain destinations as Admiral) is exceptionally useful.

Did you mean to use checkboxes instead of radio buttons?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Maddening
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always play as Boomer, except for a couple times during playtesting when I played Tigh and Starbuck.

My girlfriend always plays Starbuck.

I don't know, it's just personal preference. I like the piloting ability and, I must say, the larger chance of being a Cylon. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played three times (Chief, Bill Adama, Boomer), but prefer Boomer right now. She has access to some of my favorite skills (Tactics, Piloting, Engineering), can fly vipers, and can cycle the Crisis deck. Her once-per-game ability is really useful (immediate pass/fail a skill check), regardless of her human/hidden cylon status. And her Sleeper Phase weakness actually means you have a better chance to start as a human and end up a cylon, which is pretty cool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
3 Minute Boardgames
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I voted for Saul, not for any mechanic reason, but for the fact I can act like him in game.

Fracking toasters, Its not human torture it, wheres my booze, frag em all! Your in the brig now starbuck you screwup! Fracking politicians!

grumble grumble
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Kenney
United States
New Milford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Gotta catch 'em all!
badge
I like shorts. They are comfy and easy to wear.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tigh's Leadership draw means Executive Orders. People don't suspect people who give them an extra turn. devil

While his abilities are heavily situational, his drawback isn't so bad. Tigh seems to tie with Chief for "least bad drawback."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Cylon one(s). devil robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Maurer
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gaius Baltar all the way. Not only a slick character on the show, I like his ability to check whether a player is a Cylon or not. In two games I have played so far, he has become President because no one seems all too interested in political characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Quintal
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eldil wrote:
William Adama is a blast because you're the admiral right off the bat, with twin nukes in your holsters and a drunk XO at your elbow. If you're a human, you just start dropping executive orders and making the big decisions. Power corrupts, and absolute power is kind of neat. If you're a Cylon, you get to choose between destinations like "Free Fudge Sundae Nebula" and "Torture World," and then apologetically plop down "Torture World" and tell everyone that the other destination was even worse.

I had a good laugh over "Free Fudge Sundae Nebula". devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Putnam
United States
Reisterstown
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I own the game and I'm always teaching the game, I let other player play the admiral and President. Helo is pretty balanced and can pilot so he's my first pick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KingPut wrote:
Since I own the game and I'm always teaching the game, I let other player play the admiral and President. Helo is pretty balanced and can pilot so he's my first pick.

That's an interesting approach. I usually don't suggest new players start out as President or Admiral, as they will have enough to learn in their first game. Adding the quorum deck or nukes/destination choice, plus all the president/admiral forced choices on crisis cards, can put a newbie in the awkward position of needing to make smart choices while still learning the game.

Of course if everyone is new except me, then someone will have to suck it up and learn on the job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antti Karjalainen
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely Baltar.

The best character in the show (Tigh is a close second), and has a fun set of abilities in the game.

The very first game we played I started as a Cylon and got the Sympathizer card during the half-way point. Baltar didn't fail my expectations!

Cylon-tested Boomer, found her to be on the human team, told everyone so, and still she spent most of the game in the Brig. I helped the humans put her there, and helped her get out... just to feed the paranoia. cool

Played through the game without anybody accusing me (at least seriously) of being a Cylon, and finally - as the President and aided by my now-revealed co-conspirator - brought victory to the toasters.

Funfun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Maitland
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked Baltar too. Zarek was a close second. I love all three political characters, but knowing for 100% certain if someone is a cylon is huge. What you do with that info is even more fun. I'm not as interested in the pilots, and Bill Adama sounds like fun, though I've never once been an admiral, so it could just be my secret desire to run the fleet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilian Wolf
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Great poll!

I really wanted to vote, but couldn't decide. I own the game so I usually let the other players pick their characters first. I found that I was never disappointed with who I ended up with. The only one I do not care for is Chief Tyrol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emily H.
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like Roslin. It's annoying to have to discard cards in order to activate a location, but drawing enough of the yellow cards that let you take 2 extra skill cards can give you a strong skill check hand while picking one of the top two crisis cards with no one else ever seeing which one you chose to use and which one you threw away is amazing. As a human, you can bury that cylon swarm card....as a cylon, you can bury cards that get the humans closer to "jump."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I H
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm surprised that Starbuck has so few votes. Having an extra action every turn that she starts in a viper is a fantastic bonus (whether she's a Cylon or a human), her once-per-game ability is decent, and her drawback is mild.

I can see why Baltar garned the lion's share of the votes, however. Both of Gaius' bonuses are handy for him, if not always for the humans, and his "drawback" isn't much of a drawback at all. Of course, Baltar's also a popular character, regardless of his in-game abilities.

On the other hand, Boomer's per-turn ability is much less useful than that of Roslin and her once-per-game ability doesn't do enough to offset her massive drawback. That in this poll she runs so far ahead of Roslin (despite Roslin's significant drawback) is also surprising to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.