Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Heise
Germany
Wiesbaden
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quite recently I started to design new Formula Dé Dashboards with more racing feeling. I imagined a steering wheel with shift paddles, something like that.

Now I'm finished with the mechanics and design of the upper part (a simple slider) and need your help. How on earth should I implement the tire- engine- and fuel-points? A small knob in one of many holes? A turnable pointer, like a speedometer needle?

Fire your ideas and thoughts at me, I can't wait to continue and finish my dashboards. cool
This is how the upper part works: --> *click*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Crespi
Italy
Bologna
Bologna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The upper part looks great! thumbsup
For tire-engine-fule points I'll give a try to "speedometer needle".

Keep up the good work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke DeWitt
United States
Highlands Ranch
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a complete answer to your post Michael but some ideas:

Fuel - A gauge Full to Empty using a needle or slider mechanism

Engine - A heat gauge more damages done to the engine the hotter it gets until it finally blows. Again needle or slider

Tyre - Need some way to show tread/texture or the tires stick to the road ability. Maybe you can implement this with some kind of feel meter. IE the car feels loose to tight for the driver. This isn't ideal in the least. You mention the steering wheel maybe this can be tracked along the wheel itself.

Body - A standard damage counter track.

Road Holding - Same as Body.

Body and Road Holding could just be on the bottom of you design.

Really nice looking start good luck on finishing it.

Luke

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Heise
Germany
Wiesbaden
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmmm...
different sorts of markers, nice idea! It might look a little bit confusing, but why not.

The turnable needle is also my favourite option, sliders sadly poke out of the dashboard and make it larger and more difficult to pack into the game box. I considered turnable wheels with values under the board, a small windows to show the actual value, but higher flexibility for your tire WP results in too large wheels.

I think I'll try to glue or solder a knob and some kind of needle on THIS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.