Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dana Lacoste
United States
San Diego
Canadian in San Diego
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I've only played the robot game three times, but the results went like this:

Game 1 : Robot win, 45-23 (Robot had EE starter)
Game 2 : Robot loss, 23-21 (Robot had NS starter. I mis-played the robot in round 1, changing things dramatically, I think I should have lost this one)
Game 3 : Robot loss, 28-19 (Robot had NS starter)

I've noticed two things:

1 - With NS, the game is won or lost based on "did the robot get a military planet in its draw?" : it's a game of chance on Settle
2 - With any starting card: the game is won on the Robot's "produce" phase. If the robot never produces, its economy never grows, and the robot loses out on significant points during every consume x2/trade.

So, I have a question:

Why would you ever pick produce when playing against the robot? If they pick produce, their economy grows, making their consume deadly, and if they roll a * and you were on produce, then they will produce as well (doubly so for EE starter)

I don't know when I'll get enough time to explore this further, but that was my first reaction. In the end, I think I enjoy playing with people MUCH more than the robot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
The robot also increases its economy when it does x2 consume. I've been really screwed early when the robot has done 2x/Produce and then done it again the next turn. So now the robot is at 4VP (8VP on 2x) consumption and we're 3 turns into the game.

I get the feeling that the robot economy track should not advance when the 2x is called but only when produce is called, to balance it out a little. Or perhaps increase the economy during consume but only if the robot has both dice in the consume section (trade and 2x). I dunno.

But all that said, yes, the robot wins and loses largely on the luck of its card draws. I use the solitaire game as a way to spend some time when I'm bored in front of the TV. I played it more earlier on when I was still learning the game and particularly the new expansion cards. Now that I know all the cards quite well (and now that my girlfriend loves race), I rarely play the robot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.