Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Birzer
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For $9.99. Mine had two copies. I don't have any interest because I have plenty of games and the box is pretty big.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Cleary
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have a SKU for it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is "Tuesday Morning?" (other than the day after Monday)

Never heard of it before....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
What is "Tuesday Morning?" (other than the day after Monday)

Never heard of it before....

Tuesday Morning is a retailer specializing in upscale closeout merchandise at deeply discounted prices.

To find out if there is a store near you, click here --->> Tuesday Morning stores

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Fleischman
United States
Lemont
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
What is "Tuesday Morning?" (other than the day after Monday).
It's also the day before Wednesday.

Seriously, it's an upscale Big Lots. Every so often you find something amazing. About two years ago I found a Theta game called Fire. Theta is a German board game company that puts out some expensive, usually all wood, games. I didn't think anyone imported them. So was I surprised to find 2 copies of Fire for something like $5 (clearance--yes, Tuesday Morning has clearance as well).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farid Widjaya
United States
Lancaster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just FYI, the designer has been trying to get these pulled off the shelves because these are apparently the old defective edition. I've seen these at Ollies for 9.99 too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-matt s.
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
/geeklist/240879
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
widjayaman wrote:
Just FYI, the designer has been trying to get these pulled off the shelves because these are apparently the old defective edition. I've seen these at Ollies for 9.99 too.

I'm not sure they are defective as much as they were an unauthorized released.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/354450
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
If someone does have/get the SKU, please add it to this Geeklist, so people can use the stock-checking feature. (Explained in the Geeklist.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
widjayaman wrote:

I'm not sure they are defective as much as they were an unauthorized released.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/354450

Take the advice of the designer... don't buy it. They are defective from a manufacturing standpoint...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/333382

Edit: I should really clairify that... Don't buy the old large box version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Birzer
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just as a note, they are the large box version. No, I didn't write down the SKU.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
So, it's not so much an "unauthorized" version (it was produced through the correct channels). It's more of a "previously recalled" edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
That's actually unclear.

It's been stated the tall-box edition was unauthorized/unlicensed. It's also been stated that it was recalled due to quality issues.

I find this interesting, as Temple Games has apparently previously had issues with other, unauthorized/unlicensed releases (Polarity).

Of course, no one who knows the facts is commenting, which in itself says something...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
designer
publisher
BGG facilitates the illegal sale of unauthorized copies of games. Due to BGG refusal to prevent such illeagal activities, FlasterVenture will not interact or participate with BGG If you need help or have question please go to www.boardgaming.com
badge
BGG facilitates the illegal sale of unauthorized copies of games. Due to BGG refusal to prevent such illeagal activities, FlasterVenture will not interact or participate with BGG If you need help or have question please go to www.boardgaming.com
I have been trying my best to comment on as many threads as I can find. Most of everyone's questions concerning the differences between the 2 different versions can be found on the following thread: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/357151

The first run or known better now as the "big box" version was a discontinued product due to manufacturing problems that was illegally sold without my permision or knowledge making it an unauthorized and unlicensed product. As I have posted on many threads, I implore you not to purchase the old one because you will not be satisfied with it.

Please only buy the new "skinny" second edition seen above in the picture posted by
-matt s.
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
/geeklist/240879
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eric fox
United States
birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
Hey, he posted a Tuesday Morning Hot Deal...I thought that was forbidden.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
travisbickle wrote:

Why would that be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John W
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
travisbickle wrote:
stop misrepresenting the situation.
I can't tell if it's deliberate, or accidental, but noone here that I know of has any problem whatsoever with new Tuesday Morning deals being posted.

Tuesday Morning deals that have been posted over 7 times.... that is another story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John W
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fnord23 wrote:
Of course, no one who knows the facts is commenting, which in itself says something...
There are hundreds of things on BGG where "people in the know" are mum, but this is not one of them.

Even from my cursory searches, the designer (?) has been pretty clear in the Pirate King forums about the details of the large box vs thin box versions, which I applaud.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
myles
United States
Mustang
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
KNEEL BEFORE ZOD !!!
badge
100 geek gold and this is all I get? :p
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of the big box Tuesday Morning PK reeked of mold. It got wet at some time in it's life. yuk I'm glad they took it back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey if anyone wants a copy of the game let me know. I'm happy to trade an extra sealed 2nd edition (smaller box) copy of it for just about anything on my want list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I have spoken with Tuesday Morning and they have realized their mistake. They will be accepting all returns for full refunds. If you have any trouble, please contact me here and I will be glad to assist you.

I am sorry for the confusion and inconvenience. I hope you will give the authentic 2nd edition Pirate King a chance. It is available at http://www.thoughthammer.com/pirate-king-p-5785.html and at Winners in Canada. arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim
United States
hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
reapersaurus wrote:
Tuesday Morning deals that have been posted over 7 times.... that is another story.

6 times is definitely the limit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eric fox
United States
birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
I was just being a little sarcastic since I was once beaten up on the board for posting a duplicate Tuesday Morning.

Didn't you see my smiley face after my comment?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
reapersaurus wrote:
but noone here that I know of has any problem whatsoever with new Tuesday Morning deals being posted.

http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/noone.html
shake

[/peeve]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
travisbickle wrote:
I was just being a little sarcastic since I was once beaten up on the board for posting a duplicate Tuesday Morning.

Didn't you see my smiley face after my comment?

It's sometimes difficult to get sarcasm in a post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.