Subject: why there is no expansions ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leo Lis
Lithuania
Vilnius - city
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There will be fun to have some expansion, like same traitor among hunters, or more figures, like remove j harker from ally and make his plastic miniature Dracula is my and ours company BEST game: fun theme, replayability, it is always a big pression on hunters not to forget resolve new vampire encounter, so many event, and i think not a big variety of items . hm. I think Fantasy flight can bring "new blood" in this game, and it will be fantastic. On the other hand, we will be playing it no matter if this game become boring or not I think it is classic board game.
all FF games except dracula have some expansions, it could be not big expansion, but just some nem cards - heroes Being on a big impression of this game a read B.Stokers book "DRACULA"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Figgins
United States
Woodland
California
flag msg tools
badge
http://lyrislaser.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the reason we haven't seen an expansion is that they nailed it on the first shot. FoD is thematic, fun, tense, and beautifully balanced. There's no one clear space that's screaming to be fixed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Lacerte
Canada
Montréal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've created some other hunters base on heros of classic vampire novels, as well as some other equipment cards for the hunter. I've also made some vampire variant to use instead of Dracula. You can all find those in the file download of the page of Fury of Dracula. The new hunters really brings more diversity to the game, giving the player more choices and hunt tactic.

Have fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zsolt Nagy
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Lucrada above put on BGG nice things which can be used as expansion. IMHO there are 3 things which can be expanded:

1) Some new item cards -the bad side that you might topple balance. The item deck could be just a bit more variable but its balance is fine tuned with everything else. I would not touch the event deck, it is fine as it is.

2) New hunters: nicely done already.

3) "New Dracula": the new vampire variants nail it good, maybe only one thing could be done to make it better: make it secret to the hunters. I am thinking about making a 'vampiric benefits' and a 'vampiric hindraces' deck out of those abilities used by the variant vampires and Dracula would draw from them before each game, keeping them secret. The first time he uses/suffers from one of them, only than he reveals the card. And the 'Mystic Research' event card would allow the hunters to make one of those cards revealed as well, on top of its normal effect. That would put in some more uncertainity for the hunters as they need to find out Dracula's powers and weaknesses, too.

But all of these above would not warrant an official expansion from economical sense I;m afraid...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Peters
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
It's time to go Full Chort.
badge
‎"NO FATE BUT THE NARRATIVES WE IMPOSE ON LIFE'S RANDOM CHAOS TO DISTRACT OURSELVES FROM OUR EXISTENTIAL PLIGHT"
mbmbmbmbmb
beri wrote:
I think the reason we haven't seen an expansion is that they nailed it on the first shot. FoD is thematic, fun, tense, and beautifully balanced. There's no one clear space that's screaming to be fixed.

So... the only reason for an expansion is to "fix" something that is "broken" with the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.