Steve Vondra
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,
I'm leaving Miami for Charlottesville, Va. in January, and I'm wondering what the situation for both game shops and game groups (wargames, Euros and AT, I play'em all) in the area.
Any help is much appreciated. Now back to househunting.
Steve (Cooler King)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/294366 ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Emery
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey, there,

Hundreds of games of all sorts at The Game Place (I think that's what it's called now) on Ridge-McIntire Street. Absolutely the best place in town to buy boardgames.
They have a couple regular game nights but they seem to be patronized almost exclusively by the middle school crowd (nothing wrong w/that, but if you're house hunting I doubt you'll have much to talk to them about).

There's a shop called The End off Rio Road (here it's pronounced "rye-oh". Don't ask.) that caters to the collectible crowd. They carry Magic, Yu-Gi-Oh, L5R, clix games, and Warhammer stuff. Everybody's pretty friendly and it's a good place to go for a pick up game.

Both the University and the Community College here have game clubs. The one at UVa meets Friday nights in (Old?) Cabell Hall @ like 7ish. I've been a couple of times. It's a pretty good mix of university students and crusty dudes in suspenders. Supposedly they're the group that playtested Titan back in the day....

That oughta get you started....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Powers
United States
Triangle
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve, you are moving to great gamer town, and just in time for Prezcon (www.prezcon.com). Prezcon is a medium sized convention (500+ gamers, 85 tournaments) that happens in February.

My favorite week of the year, I recommend you check it out!

Bill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PrezCon in Charlottesville in Feb. is the place to be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.