Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: (YT) Prop 8 -- the musical!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Here's another link:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/c0cf508ff8/prop-8-the-music...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Prop 8 -- the musical!!
I'm learning that RSP is not too crazy about videos! laugh
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Jesus Christ!"

"Hey, Hows it goin."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rowse
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I watched it and spammed it around everybody I know, especially the NPH and Jack Black fans.

Didn't feel compelled to comment on it, since it pretty much stands for itself
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would just like it to be known that I can't view the video because of my work filters.

The reason given:

This link is categorized as : Entertainment, Streaming Media, Sexual Materials, Media Sharing

Well, DUH. What the hell else am I going to be doing at work?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it is funny AND sad when folks can't tell the difference between guidelines in the Old Testament and the New Testament. It's kinda like not being able to tell the difference between the Earth-1 Superman and the Earth-2 Superman or Twilight Imperium 1st edition and Twilight Imperium 3rd edition.

Of course, I'm used to folks making fun of Christians, thinking we all sell out our moral stand just so we can make some money (as evidenced in the video). It's not unlike a blind man stepping on my foot, no reason for me to get angry, he just can't help it.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
okiedokie wrote:
It's not unlike a blind man stepping on my foot, no reason for me to get angry, he just can't help it.


You insensitivity to the blind is typical of a Christian, whose very founder went around eradicating the blind.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
okiedokie wrote:

Of course, I'm used to folks making fun of Christians, thinking we all sell out our moral stand just so we can make some money (as evidenced in the video).


It's interesting because I saw that part as more of a knock against Americans in general rather than Christians specifically.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BagpipeDan wrote:
okiedokie wrote:
It's not unlike a blind man stepping on my foot, no reason for me to get angry, he just can't help it.


You insensitivity to the blind is typical of a Christian, whose very founder went around eradicating the blind.


I can see that.

Ooops, did it again!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
okiedokie wrote:
I think it is funny AND sad when folks can't tell the difference between guidelines in the Old Testament and the New Testament. It's kinda like not being able to tell the difference between the Earth-1 Superman and the Earth-2 Superman or Twilight Imperium 1st edition and Twilight Imperium 3rd edition.


IMO, it is exactly as pointed out in the song. It absolutely infuriates me...

[thing we don't like in OT] - Oh well, the new testament, clarifies that.

[thing we like in the OT] - yea, that's good.


shake

BTW - the video has been removed from YT - presumably copyright. Here it is:

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Gay marriages will save the economy!" cool

Cold hard cash, bringing Americans together since 1776.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.