Popular Tags: [View All]
John Squires
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife is writing an article and wanted to get input from the BGG community. We discussed this and thought it would work on the forums since it's an interesting topic for conversation. modgirl may be contacting those that participate within the next couple of days, through BGG mail, if she's interested in your thoughts and wants to explore them further.

modgirl wrote:
I'm writing an article on family gaming traditions. Since this is a travel story, covering weekend homes, I'd love to talk to people who play games in a family cabin or the likes, say, over the holidays or long weekends. My cousins, for example, used to get a new game every year for Christmas and play it in their Vail cabin. Other families I know have Pictionary matches in their Lake George house or set up multiple Scrabble boards.

I want to hear specific anecdotes. Like, my parents had the worst fights over the fact that they couldn't interpret each other's Pictionary drawings. Or, do you have an aunt who is normally really sweet and quiet who all of the sudden gets super competitive? This isn't so much a list of the games you play, but stories of how your family interacts around them, and traditions that have been formed.

What are your stories, and where are these vacation spots that you play your games?

Samantha (modgirl on BGG)

I'll post some of my thoughts too as time permits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mod girl
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
I'll go first. My holiday gaming traditions are upstate in NY in the town of Saratoga. My family plays pretty light games and there is a lot of head-to-head Scrabble happening. I used to hate it when my dad would get away with putting a completely made up word down on the board by proclaiming with confidence its definition, but then one day I did the same to him, and a rivalry was born.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.