Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

Dream Factory» Forums » General

Subject: Different Microbadges... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Orin Bishop
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we should have a second microbadge for this game for the old Traumfabrik edition. I really love this game, but the new art and character names kind of irritate me, and I'd like to show some love for the "classic" version. Anyone else feel the same way?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Galeotti
Italy
Firenze
flag msg tools
http://www.gruppoludico.it/
badge
I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.
Avatar
mb
I totally agree with you. thumbsup

The old version was just better.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Galeotti
Italy
Firenze
flag msg tools
http://www.gruppoludico.it/
badge
I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.
Avatar
mb
I submitted a new microbadge design based on the cover art of the old edition of Traumfabrik here.

The microbadge design is this:
 

(not very good, but I just suck at graphic design)

Now the only thing is to have it approved (and then actually earn the geekgold to purchase it).

EDIT: broken url
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Vetinari7878, I'm not sure what your microbadge is depicting?

How's this one off the german version

Group: Games >> Subgroup: T >> Traumfabrik Fan
 




 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Galeotti
Italy
Firenze
flag msg tools
http://www.gruppoludico.it/
badge
I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.
Avatar
mb
kevin,

it's the part of the cover with the three guys (director, camera and audio). Not the best resolution, in this I agree with you.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Galeotti
Italy
Firenze
flag msg tools
http://www.gruppoludico.it/
badge
I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.
Avatar
mb
Ok, so I wasn't satisfied with either one of these microbadges for Traumfabrik (mine and kevin's). I just spent some more time and created another three or four of them; I'm fairly satisfied with these ones.

Group: Games >> Subgroup: T >> Traumfabrik Fan
These two are from the original tiles featuring Ingrid Bergman and Grace Kelly:
 

 


This one is another tile from the original, featuring Herr Doktor Knizia himself (as the -1 point guest star):
 


This one is the point film reel of the original edition, but I'm not really convinced of it, just because it's not that different from the new edition:
 


My pick would be the Knizia one, but I'm also partial to the other two with Bergman and Kelly.

Scratch it, let's go with the Bergman and Kelly ones. They're just better.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I like faces ones.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
I like the faces as well. Especially Grace Kelly. What a hotty.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orin Bishop
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, I like the face ones, and all three are nice.

Originally I'd suggested an Alfred Hitchcock one, since the idea of Hitchcock directing something like Ben Hur sort of exemplifies this game for me.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you all see this one get loaded? Traumfabrik Fan
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Galeotti
Italy
Firenze
flag msg tools
http://www.gruppoludico.it/
badge
I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.
Avatar
mb
spearjr wrote:
Did you all see this one get loaded? Traumfabrik Fan


Hmmm... no, it wasn't there the last time I checked. I thought since no one answered to this post or edited the main page there still wasn't any.

However Jason, I don't want to be a spoilsport, but I still prefer my Bergman and Kelly microbadges to this one. But maybe it's just me.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orin Bishop
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like that one's up. Personally I find the detail on this one hard to make out, and I'd much prefer one with something recognizable like a face, such as your excellent Bergman badge. Is having more than one out of the question?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Galeotti
Italy
Firenze
flag msg tools
http://www.gruppoludico.it/
badge
I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.
Avatar
mb
LordOrin wrote:
Looks like that one's up. Personally I find the detail on this one hard to make out, and I'd much prefer one with something recognizable like a face, such as your excellent Bergman badge. Is having more than one out of the question?


We will just have to wait for the next microbadge update. Joe hasn't answered yet to accept or decline my submission.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
vetinari7878 wrote:
spearjr wrote:
Did you all see this one get loaded? Traumfabrik Fan


Hmmm... no, it wasn't there the last time I checked. I thought since no one answered to this post or edited the main page there still wasn't any.

However Jason, I don't want to be a spoilsport, but I still prefer my Bergman and Kelly microbadges to this one. But maybe it's just me.
I had created the above one due to a request in the microbadge thread. No worries if you like the ones you made better, I'm not bothered. Once I made the above one I liked it a lot an promptly bought it once it was available.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Grundy
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The (minor) problem is that just an image of the face of a famous person is going to be more about that person than the game.

I'll consider it, but I'd rather there was an element in the design that meant it isn't just a "Grace Kelly fan" or "Alfred Hitchcock fan" or whatever.

Also, I'd rather only load one more design. Perhaps those who are interested can sort out amongst yourselves which one.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orin Bishop
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The (minor) problem is that just an image of the face of a famous person is going to be more about that person than the game.

I'll consider it, but I'd rather there was an element in the design that meant it isn't just a "Grace Kelly fan" or "Alfred Hitchcock fan" or whatever.


Fair enough. This one is starting to grow on me so I'll probably just snag it, though I do like the jobs a couple of people did with just the faces.

Cheers and thanksmeeple
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Galeotti
Italy
Firenze
flag msg tools
http://www.gruppoludico.it/
badge
I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.
Avatar
mb
jgrundy wrote:
The (minor) problem is that just an image of the face of a famous person is going to be more about that person than the game.

I'll consider it, but I'd rather there was an element in the design that meant it isn't just a "Grace Kelly fan" or "Alfred Hitchcock fan" or whatever.

Also, I'd rather only load one more design. Perhaps those who are interested can sort out amongst yourselves which one.


Well, never mind then.

Oh, and also Merry christmas!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jgrundy wrote:
The (minor) problem is that just an image of the face of a famous person is going to be more about that person than the game.

Generally true, but not for Traumfabrik where the images are from the cards (even the Reiner one).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.