Hide
7 Posts

StarCraft: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: questions for ruling rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
howard lu
msg tools
1. can i use the advanced module in my first turn? like if i put my token tech tech adv.build build. so first move i have build token so i will build a R&D module and my second move i will use the advance one? so its like i can put the adv. tokens as long as i have already planned beforehand?

2. can i move 3 planets in 1 turn? no units or base. if i use a token move build build move. so for first move i go to an adjacent planet then build base. 3rd move build transport n units then for last move to 3rd planet. the rules you can only put tokens in planets or adjacent planets where you have units or base, does this rule count soon to be adjacent planets?

3. overminds SV, controlling 3 base at stage 3. can i just defend 2 base till stage 3 then when time comes move n build to an empty area? even with an enemy's base in the same planet? like in 3 area planets, enemy have 1 base, i will go to empty space and build my base there to complete my SV?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
#1. No. ALL of your markers have to be placed before you start revealing/acting on them. Since you don't have the gold order when you are placing your markers, you can't place a gold build that you don't yet have.

#2. No you couldn't do that either, as the "third planet" wouldn't be adjacent to your units/bases when you were placing the orders. So it would be an illegal placement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Frans
United States
Mukilteo
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You cannot place more gold orders than you have research modules during the planning stage. This means that you could not do what you are asking, but you could build the research module during the first turn and then on the second turn use a gold order token.

2. You cannot place orders on planets that are, again, not adjacent during the planning stage. Again, you could not do what you are asking, but you could move to an adjacent planet and build a base, then on the second turn you could move to the third planet.

3. Yes, you can wait until then and build a base on a planet that has an opponents base and you would be fulfilling your SVC, but remember that the one or more opponents are also likely to achieve their SVC conditions on the same turn, so you would also have to either have the most conquest points or stop every other player (with more conquest points than you) from completing their SVC.

Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules on hand, but I believe it is:

1.) No, you don't get to lay down advanced tokens until you have built the module. In other words the module gives you the ability to lay the tokens down so you have to have it before you can do so.

2.) Yes. You can put your orders anywhere you want them to go. However, in order to use them as they are meant to be, you have to meet the criteria of the order such as have a unit on the planet to built a base. If you don't you can always opt for a card instead of activating the order's power. So it is possible to move, build a base, build a transport, move if you use those four orders. You could also build modules/upgrades during both of those builds if you wanted since you only have to have a unit to do so.

I stand corrected. I just checked the rules and you cannot do this because you can only place on adjacent planets. I guess we have been playing wrong.

3.) Yes. If you hold out with your two bases, and build a last base on the turn that enters into stage three that is fine. It is the same difference as any other faction meeting their requirement during the round. You just have to make sure you don't lose the base by letting any enemy move in on it before the round ends or it will get destroyed before the special victory conditions are checked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howard lu
msg tools
ok i have the general idea. thanks guys. question pheonix what do you mean by second turn? second token or second round? meaning after 1 regrouping phase? thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petras Ražanskas
Lithuania
Kaunas
Kauno apskritis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hfuchil wrote:
ok i have the general idea. thanks guys. question pheonix what do you mean by second turn? second token or second round? meaning after 1 regrouping phase? thanks

Second planning phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Frans
United States
Mukilteo
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What Carnifex said is correct. I meant that you can use research modules the planning phase after they are built.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.