Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phreaky Hamster
Netherlands
Vinkel
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've started a gaming group in the Netherlands; BGGG (Board-Game-Geek-Group). We had our first session, where we discussed some rules (ranking etc), made smalltalk and played a game of Fury of Dracula. Our group consists of 9 gamers; the first session was supposed to be with 4, but Dracula didn't show up!

So we played with 3. That's the great thing about this game; 2-5 players!
I put on my robe and eastern-europe accent, and crawled inside my character as Dracula.
The hunters spread out in Europe, I made my way to the far corner of Spain. The first few moves, the hunters were on the wrong track; they gathered in Germany. Through deduction they came across one of my minions, and defeated it! But the fog is always somewhere, so the hunters got trapped and I got away ... always creeping on behind them.

I used my wolf form to jump over them, I hid myself to confuse them and made a new vampire in Clermont-Ferrand. The tension was rising, hunters were hunting, I was scheming ...

During the day (when I am weak) I was attacked by Dr. Seward (back-upped by Sister Agatha) with stakes, sacred bullets and garlic in Amsterdam (the birthplace of Abraham van Helsing). Dr Seward threw everything on me! It cost me 13 blood, and I got away having only 1 blood left ...
Darkness came over Europe, I regained my strength and in rage I Jumped on Dr. Seward to have my revenge. The combat didn't last long. I mesmerised the Dr. and used my claws and fangs to destroy him ... 1 down, 3 to go ... (The vampire track was on 5 Vampires, just one more)

I headed back to Spain, double backed by Van Helsing, Lord Godalming and Mina Harker. I managed to get some bats in their way ... and made my sixth vampire ... muahahahaha ... I am Vlad the Impaler!

For the ranking:
Jean; 103 points
Rik; 50 points
Stef; 1 point
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Daulton
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck with your new group! FoD is best I think with just 3 anyways. What is this ranking that you have given and discussed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phreaky Hamster
Netherlands
Vinkel
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Adam,

I want to know which one of us 9 (or maybe more in the future) gamers is the 'best gamer'. So we use ranking scores, dependable on how many players there are in a game etc.

I got a tip from someone how they rank gamers in Belgian championships. Winner gets 100 points + the number of players. Loser or last gets 1 point (so you get at least 1 point for playing). Other gamers get equally devided points.
For example;
a game with 4; #1 104 points, #2 66,66 points, #3 33,33 points, #4 1 point
a game with 3; #1 103 points, #2 50 points, #3 1 point.

But I'm open for suggestions ....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Daulton
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just interested. In the group I host, we do something similar each year. I enjoy the statistics of it and the ribbing that we give each other, though it isn't at all the focus of our game days. The way we do it is:
Each player that you beat in a game scores you 1 point, then at the end of the year you add up your total points and divide it by your total number of games. So the system rewards those who consistently play well.

Either way there will never be a perfect system, since we play so many games!

Have a good time with your group this holiday season!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phreaky Hamster
Netherlands
Vinkel
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am always looking for perfect statistics; I like graphs and excel sheets :cool:

But as you said, the games are our first objective. But beating someone and competition between us will give us more pleasure!

And YES, the holiday season is coming! Game-time! (Yesterday it was Sinterklaas in The Netherlands, so ... holidays have begun!)

I wish you as well a lot of fun during the holiday season!

Grtz

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.