Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomas Syrovatka
Czech Republic
Beroun
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! I have played my first game of The Hellgame yesterday and it was great fun. But I have concerns with the diplomacy action - the influencing of the units. If you have a demon with 5 or 6 hearts it is very easy to "seduce" the opponent's lieutnant and when you have a few souls to support your attempt it is even more easy. IsnĀ“t this action too powerful? Why bother buying a lieutnant if he can be coming to the opponents side along with his legions anytime? Otherwise, it's a great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian -
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
This is why you need to overpay your lieutenants. Otherwise they /will/ be bought out from you, even if there are only three-heart demons at most in the game.

Also, keep in mind that the 5 and 6 heart demons all act very early in a turn. Usually that means that your lieutenant is, at that time, in friendly territory (and thus costing a favour to buy off). By the time your lieutenant is wandering (and vulnerable), that really charismatic demon has already acted. Assuming the lieutenant wins, you buy the territory they moved to, and they are again expensive to buy off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.