Subject: Call of Cthulhu miniature range rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
José Agüero
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys,

Not sure if this has been posted here yet, but I've just found a range of 28mm miniatures that are perfectly suited for using in Arkham Horror.

They have all type of heroes, including nuns as well as monsters for that monster cup.

Anyway, if someone plays a game with these miniatures let us know how it went and post pix.

Cheers;
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Stewart
United States
Owego
NY
flag msg tools
designer
www.drunkassgames.com
badge
!!!NERD ALERT!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
You Sir, rock!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Bass
United States
Winston-Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are cool. I wish FFG had provided miniatures, like they do for many of their other games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Dooley
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dougbass68 wrote:
Those are cool. I wish FFG had provided miniatures, like they do for many of their other games.

Those minis are very cool, but I actually like the art on the standees. I'm not 100% convinced I'd make the trade if given the opportunity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Professional creative visual communication: www.universalhead.com
badge
Game summaries and reference sheets: www.headlesshollow.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been eyeing these at my FLGS and considering the utter insanity of replacing all the AH characters and monsters with figures. The money! The painting! The horror!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ketchupgun
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've picked up a couple of them...but I have yet to play with them in a game...looking at them (because I don't paint this stuff) ... I just think the game works better with stand up tokens that match the sheets.

With that said, I've been debating just giving them all a different solid colour, like tokens.

I did also pick up a bunch of common DnD mini monsters (some oozes, some 4 legged things, some humanoid-y type things...and some weird looking ones too) and I use those ontop of the monster chits when on the board...helps in book-keeping the monster limit. (ie: only use as many minis as there are monster limit)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José Agüero
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The money! The painting! The horror!

That's exactly my reaction, however being a miniature painter myself I'm still tempted, it seems like a great challenge and certainly think that it would just take this game to 11.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Packard
United States
Palmdale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My concern with using minis for the monsters is that when you draw from the Monster Cup, your fingers would give you clues as to what you're choosing to draw. In other words, it wouldn't be completely random.

This could be avoided by still drawing the cardboard squares from the cup, and then substituting the square with an appropriate miniature figure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Professional creative visual communication: www.universalhead.com
badge
Game summaries and reference sheets: www.headlesshollow.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Really hoping you were kidding with that first paragraph ... laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. B.
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are they prepainted as the pictures suggest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E r i c k N. B o u c h a r d
Canada
Stoneham
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: FFG publishes Call of Cthulhu miniature range
I know this thread is long inactive, but having found it through Google I'll ad the following information.

Fantasy Flight Games has just released official pre-painted Arkham Horror Investigator Miniatures, available individually at roughly 4$ USD each:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=1729
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.