Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Crocker
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not complaining at all about any of the components in [iCharioteer][/i] . If Dr.Finn had done it differently, we all would have to pay more. As it is I think we all get our moneys worth.
But it's clear to me that in order to get the Victory Point Track to lie flat, we will have to bend it backwards, on the folds, which will clearly wear it out before it's time. Here is a fix that took about 15 minutes.
You need a utility knife and a ruler/straightedge. Everyone should have these, but if you don't, you can find them at "The Dollar Tree".
You also need one 12" X 12" self adhesieve ("peel & stick") floor tile, which oddly enough are available at "The Dollar Tree" in a package of 3 for a dollar. I'm pretty sure you can get a tile in the sample bin at any floor tile store.
1. Keeping the tri-fold "track" folded as it came in the game, measure the middle section (mine was about 4" X 7").
2. Take your floor tile, with the paper still on it, and mark that measurement (7") from end to end on the paper backing with a pen/pencil and your straightedge.
3. Take your straight-edge and your utility knife and "score" the line along the straight-edge firmly but carefully...you don't have to go all of the way through.
4. Pick up your floor tile and "break" it along the line you've just scored. You then just make a light cut along the line to separate the sections. You then set the smaller piece of floor tile aside.
5. On the piece of tile left, mark out the width (about 4"), then again score, break and cut. You now have the middle section of the back of the Track.
6. Peel the paper from the piece of tile. With the tri-fold "track" still folded, line up two of the edges, and stick the tile to the middle section...CAREFULLY, as this is the most critical part of the assembly.
7. Take the "track" and unfold it backside up. Measure, mark, cut each of the end sections of the "track" (left side & right side).
8. Peel & stick each side tile piece, making sure that you butt the long edge flush to the already stuck middle section. Trim any overhangs with your straight-edge and utility knife.
Results: 1. Because the floor tile is only about 1/32 of an inch, it'll fold up to fit in the box, and barely take up any more room than the original.
2. Because the floor tiles are at least 20 times heavier than the original cardstock, it will lay completely flat when you unfold the "track". Durability issue solved.
This looks like a complicated proceedure, but it took me 5 times longer to write this post, than it took to actually make this fix.
Now take your "leftover" tile, and go mount the scorecard of your copy of "Scripts & Scribes".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
Your definition of "easy" is very different from mine. :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crocker
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK...Condensed version:
Cut 3 pieces from a self adhesive "peel & stick" floor tile, equal to the sizes of the 3 sections of the folding scoreboard. Peel and stick the tiles to the back of the scoreboard. "Voila"!...done. (see details above).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.