Mike NZ
New Zealand
LOTR
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm heading toward a trench in my Fokker...flying straight at it. I play a move card...I take it the enemy in the trench can fire at me at this point as I am in range of the MG/Infantry small arms in the trench at this point?

The Infantry fire (do they who opens up first?) Me or them? I rolled a dice to decided-The enemy win 'advantage' I got a jammed rudder and 2 damage to my plane for that trouble...I then fired and caused 2 damage to the trench sound right? I played another move card...I fired causing zip...the Infantry cause 2 more damage to my plane then their MG opened up and JAMMED! Woot!

I can no longer make right turns...

Q: Can the MG and OR the Infantry in the trench fire 360 or is their fire limited only to the cone of fire marked on the trench card?

Q: Does the Jammed trench MG act exactly the same as an aircraft? I plced 3 jammed counters into the fire cone and each move card played by aircraft I delete on Jammed counter then the MG can fire again.

Great feel to this game! I very wary of the 2 anti-aircraft guns as I get within their range

My play is interrupted...get breakfast for the kids...ahh the escape from real life mere seconds-minutes and I was back in the days of canvas & oil!

Got back to the mission I turned back and turned left but was still in range of the infantry fire. The damage card drawn was an explosion card. I crashed to the ground! Mission failure.( I read here the idea of using this card as a 'critical' hit as opposed to going up in smoke in one nasty explosion)
Well war IS hell.

I'll be back devil

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dirty Harry wrote:
I'm heading toward a trench in my Fokker...flying straight at it. I play a move card...I take it the enemy in the trench can fire at me at this point as I am in range of the MG/Infantry small arms in the trench at this point?

Both you and the trench fire after each of your moves.

Dirty Harry wrote:
The Infantry fire (do they who opens up first?) Me or them? I rolled a dice to decided-The enemy win 'advantage' I got a jammed rudder and 2 damage to my plane for that trouble...I then fired and caused 2 damage to the trench sound right? I played another move card...I fired causing zip...the Infantry cause 2 more damage to my plane then their MG opened up and JAMMED! Woot!

As with planes the sequence is everybody moves - everybody fires - everybody moves - everybody fires... and so on. Of course, when moving "everybody" does not refer to the trench.

When everybody fires, the sequence does not matter. You can first give the cards to the trench or to yourself. Nothing changes. The effect of damages is always after everybody fired, so even if you are eliminated you fire back. GHo in the order you wish, no need to roll dice.

Dirty Harry wrote:
Q: Can the MG and OR the Infantry in the trench fire 360 or is their fire limited only to the cone of fire marked on the trench card?

Infantry 360° (but it is the "special damage only" infantry fire). MG only in the cone as airplane MGs.

Dirty Harry wrote:
Q: Does the Jammed trench MG act exactly the same as an aircraft? I plced 3 jammed counters into the fire cone and each move card played by aircraft I delete on Jammed counter then the MG can fire again.

Perfect. Yes, ground MGs work exactly as aircraft ones.

Dirty Harry wrote:
Got back to the mission I turned back and turned left but was still in range of the infantry fire. The damage card drawn was an explosion card. I crashed to the ground! Mission failure.( I read here the idea of using this card as a 'critical' hit as opposed to going up in smoke in one nasty explosion)

Yes it can be an idea. One possibility is to say that's worth half of the plane original damage point: if a Camel has 15, it is 8 points of damage.

Or take it out of the deck (but in C and D decks iit is very meaningful).

Dirty Harry wrote:
I'll be back devil

Looking forward to that.

Dirty Harry wrote:
Thanks!

You welcome...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike NZ
New Zealand
LOTR
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Man I'm gonna fly back and try a slightly different tactic...and then I'll try again. Great game. Thank your for creating/designing it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.