Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Van Auken
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question that is similar to some others asked here but I can't seem to find an answer anywhere. Some buildings 'are built by the town' and cannot be built by the players -They can only be bought. My question is... when these buildings end up on the top one of the 3 building proposal piles are they immediately moved off the pile and placed with the other town buildings, making them available for entry and freeing up a building proposal underneath? Seems like this is the way to play since the rules specifically mention that these buildings are already built i.e. why would they still be listed with building PROPOSALS. Rules also explicitly state in multiple places that when entering a building firm etc., players can build any of the top buildings in the building proposal areas. Leaving 'town' buildings on the building proposal stacks would lead to a direct conflict with this statement.

In any case, I do not see where the rules explicitly tell you what to do with these. Any help/opinions would be appreciated. I want to make sure our first play is as good as it can be. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's nothing you need to "do" with them. They stay there on the piles.

You can't build those buildings, but you can still buy them with cash, and put them in your personal area.

If none of the players build them, then eventually, the town will remove them and put them in the town area when the round cards say so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can buy any of the buildings at the top of the building proposal stacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buying and building are separate things, and they're very careful to mean what they say. Such buildings cannot be built by players, but they can be bought by players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Barratt
United Kingdom
Royal Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jschlickbernd wrote:
You can buy any of the buildings at the top of the building proposal stacks.

Except the Church (if I remember right.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Casadonte
United States
Media
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The compass always points to Terrapin.
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like you're confusing regular buildings with starting builds and special buildings.

Starting buildings are pre-built by the town; there are three of them in a normal, non-short game.

Special buildings have an anchor on their backs. These will only ever come into play as having been built by the town; players may then buy them if they desire.

Regular buildings are the only ones that go on the Building Proposal stacks. They can usually be built (all except the Black Market and Clay Mound, IIRC) and usually may be bought (all except the Church, I think). None of them are -- by default -- only buildable by the town. At the end of certain rounds (as indicated on the Round cards) the town will build the lowest numbered building of the three currently on top of their respective stacks. This card is removed from the building proposal stack and placed with other buildings built by or sold to the town.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.