Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rulebook in front of me, but I've read it several times and played the game three times. I've read most of the posts on this forum, but it seems many people are confused as to the final destination the humans are trying to reach in the game:

Is it Kobol, or Earth?

Based on my reading of the rulebook, I believe the answer is: Kobol. That is the Objective card provided with the game. So, the fleet jumps 8+ distance, each time arriving at some destination chosen by the Admiral. From there, they are close enough to reach Kobol on their final jump, thus not needing to draw a destination card.

Those of you with better eyes than me, please confirm my understanding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephane Levesque
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's Kobol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eastside, Esq.
United States
Richmond Hts.
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's Kobol. But my theory as that there will eventually be an expansion that takes it to Earth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dreadnaut wrote:
It's Kobol. But my theory as that there will eventually be an expansion that takes it to Earth.

It's already in the works. Clue: Galactica Edition. "Caprica Six, in the opera house, with an arrow."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Martin
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's hard to say - there are some cards that refer to events that are post Kobol in the series. The sleeper agent phase, for example, occurs at the halfway point in the game. It's in this phase that Boomer is more likely to become a Cylon - something that happened in the series once they had reached Kobol. The Resurrection Ship wasn't introduced until halfway though season 2 - right after meeting the Pegasus, and after Kobol. But on the other hand, there's no New Caprica references, nothing to do with the Eye of Jupiter, no Pegasus... So yeah, that's my 2 cents, but I don't know that they actually get us anywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eh, we just say 4 units of distance is Kobol, 8 is earth. We don't really care what it's supposed to be, and in terms of the gameplay it doesn't matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Niezelski
United States
Seymour
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's Kobol.

The Rules wrote:
The human players are trying to find the map to Earth, while the Cylon players simply want to annihilate the human race.

Not to mention that everything in this game is from the first, maybe second seasons.

No Earth. Kobol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish they would have used pics from second half of series. I like Tigh with the eyepatch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.