Subject: What happens when the army wins but the navy doesn't? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D Clevenger
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess this is "straightforward" but . . .

If ground troops and ships attack a city with troops and ships defending, then its clear the troops fight separately (but simo) with the ships. What if the defending troops are eliminated but the defending navy is not? According to general rules, attackers must retreat. Seems somewhat illogical that if army wins, they don't take the city but I can buy it. Anyone read this differently?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Sieradzki
Poland
Opole
flag msg tools
badge
We don't stop playing when we get old, but we get old when we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
If I understand the rules well, first the ship combat occurs, than (only) if the sea battle is resolved in round one - the winner joins the land units and combats the enemy ground units with a combine force of land&sea. If the attacking ships loose the battle - the whole attacking force must retrat.
Well, I admit the rules are tricky:zombie:. I played A&S only once, but have a great deal of experience in playing other Columbia block games. The explanation is just a suggestion, anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.