United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We were on a ferry to Orcas island in the San Juan islands. It was a 1 hour trip. I had brought snakepit in the Carcassonne draw bag to draw tiles from. We started a 3 player game. As soon as we were started playing, I noticed that the tiles were supposed to be the same on each side. When I was pasting the front to the back I didn't think much about orientation. So now half the tiles are double sided with different images on the back. The other half are normal with mirror images for the tile fronts and backs. This mistake added a new dimension to the gameplay, as we constantly flipped the tiles over to make sure we weren't missing any possibilities. I played two games of snakepit on the ferry.

1st game
"T" took the lead early with a 6 tile snake. J also got a 6 tile snake but managed only two more smaller snakes that game. I was slow and steady with only 3 three-tile-snakes. Then, a 6 tile snake was mine. But T was doing well and won the game at the end.
T=63
A=45
J=30

2nd Game
This game was with Z - only a 2 player game. I zoomed ahead and kept on scoring snakes. Z couldn't get any snakes. He kept on starting ones, and then I finished them and scored them. About halfway through the tiles I had 48 points and Z had only scored two 4 length snakes(20 points). He was losing badly and decided to quit. So I packed the game up.

The scoring method for the game is as follows.
Tiles | Score
2 | 3
3 | 6
4 | 10
5 | 15
The first tile scores 1, the 2nd tiles adds 2, the 3rd tile adds 3...
1+2+3 = 6 points for a 3 tile snake

In this tile laying game you can complete any color snakes. You aren't limited to a single color that's yours, but you have to be the one that finishes the snake to get the points.

We had an average of 1.5 times as many options with my misprinted tiles. Our longest snake was only 6 tiles long. Most we scored for 3 tile long snakes.

If this game was expanded, I would like to see different snake connections on the tiles.

The 1 sentence review:
Snake Pit is a fast, tile laying game where you connect snakes and complete them to score points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.