Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At the start of the game we both kept all of our tickets. I don’t know about her but most of mine were major destination tickets, including two to Miami. Throughout the game I didn’t draw a single ticket to Chicago or Seattle. I guess Seattle isn’t a desirable place to visit this time of year as my wife never ended up with a ticket to Seattle either. In fact she wasn’t a big fan of traveling to the major destination points at all, because she also never made it to L.A. or Dallas.

We both seemed to be doing okay during the game, getting a similar number of cards on the track, but I was definitely more aggressive getting the Locomotives into the yard. There wasn’t a whole lot of train robbing going on, I think I forced her to discard twice and she made me discard once. Both of us went back to buy more tickets 2 or 3 times. When the deck was getting low she actually bought a couple new tickets which threw me off a little. I didn’t know if she actually had a couple more quick opportunities for points or if she was just gambling.

Eventually our train rides across the country had to come to an end when the deck was exhausted. We gathered up our trains and began matching up our tickets. I ended up using every ticket I bought. Going after the locomotives at the expense of drawing an extra card early in the game paid off as I needed every single one of them to finish my last two tickets. My wife on the other hand made that gamble late and didn’t get those tickets completed. In total she had 4 incomplete tickets. She always did like throwing money away

Here is a run down of all the places we visited:

Me
New YorkI loved it so much I went 3 times, and claimed the extra points.
San Francisco
Miamitwice
Santa Fe
Duluth
CalgaryFirst visit across the boarder.
Las Vegasninja
DallasI left something behind the first time and had to go back and get it. Lucky me, it won me some bonus points.
Los AngelesOnly visited once, but that was enough for the bonus.

Wife
MiamiShe really loves the beach, and visited Miami 3 times to work on her tan, picking up bonus points in the process.
Las VegasWe actually bumped into each other while both in Vegas, but what happens in Vegas… kiss
ChicagoOne trip to the Windy City, which was enough to win her the bonus points.
New YorkShe visited once, which was enough for her.
Houston
San Francisco
Saint Louis
Pittsburgh
TorontoShe just didn’t want to be left out of the Canadian experience.

She also purchased tickets to Vancouver, New Orleans, Montreal, and Charleston. Unfortunately she just didn’t have the time to go everywhere she wanted to.

Final Score:
Me – 206, Wife – 143.

Here is the game at its conclusion. My wife is off to the side still trying to match up her tickets to her trains, mine are on the left all matched up and counted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.