Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Baltar Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rebecca Plush
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
So, I got this and played our first game. Wow.

I'll blog the session report, but we had one question - why does Baltar have only 4 skill points (i.e. can only pick up 4 skill cards) when every one else has 5?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Yeller
United States
flag msg tools
Baltar's special ability allows him to draw a fifth skill card after drawing a crisis card for his turn, allowing him to draw an effective total of five skill cards per turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riku Riekkinen
Finland
Jyväskylä
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Baltar's special ability allows him to pick up any card he wants during crisis step. So he too draws 5 cards per turn.

However I think that characters are not (even nearly) equally efficient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebecca Plush
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ah! Of course! How silly of me not to read the entire card...

Still, you are right. The characters are not equal. I like it! Of course, I was a cylon first game....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Simon
United States
Ashley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Baltar's ability to draw a fifth card once he has drawn a Crisis card is very useful as well, since you can pick it up from any of the skill set of cards:

1. If you are a human and you want to pass the Crisis you just drew, you get to look at what is needed and then pick a card accordingly. For example, if you see the skill is going to require leadership and politics to pass, you can grab an extra leadership card for insurance to pass it.

2. If you are an unrevealed Cylon, you can use the ability to quietly grab a couple of piloting cards to throw in later skill checks to make the characters with piloting skills look very suspicious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thinwhiteduke wrote:
Baltar's ability to draw a fifth card once he has drawn a Crisis card is very useful as well, since you can pick it up from any of the skill set of cards:

1. If you are a human and you want to pass the Crisis you just drew, you get to look at what is needed and then pick a card accordingly. For example, if you see the skill is going to require leadership and politics to pass, you can grab an extra leadership card for insurance to pass it.

2. If you are an unrevealed Cylon, you can use the ability to quietly grab a couple of piloting cards to throw in later skill checks to make the characters with piloting skills look very suspicious.

Just don't play the off-colored card on the skill check you just drew/played, or the other players will get really suspicious of you. Unless they're not paying attention and went to get pea soup or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hemsley
Italy
Desio
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
Unless they're not paying attention and went to get pea soup or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.