Subject: MMP’s next project, iASL (Introduction to ASL)? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
brain machine
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmb
I read in this ASL Starter Kit #2 - Boardgame Review:

MMP’s next project, tentatively called iASL (Introduction to ASL), steps beyond ASLSK and reintroduces the ASL rules in a programmed instruction format. The difference is that MMP is designing a solution with the iASL that Squad Leader never had: a complete set of rules. iASL can now reformat the rules and have a coherency and reference structure that Squad Leader never had. Release dates and module information for iASL have not been announced.

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/mmp-aims-for-new-asl-players-...

The review is dated May 04, 2006. Have some info for iASL been announced or is iASL a dead project?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AFAIK, iASL was an earlier project than the SK's. I've subscribed to the MMP, ASL, and ASLSK folders at CSW for two years, and I've never heard MMP mention anything about resurrecting iASL.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brain machine
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmb
tppytel wrote:
AFAIK, iASL was an earlier project than the SK's. I've subscribed to the MMP, ASL, and ASLSK folders at CSW for two years, and I've never heard MMP mention anything about resurrecting iASL.

An earlier project? Then, SK Actions Packs are the next MMP project, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe an SK Historical Module on Elst is supposed to be the next SK product. They've talked about doing something like an Action Pack, but I don't think there are any firm plans beyond the Elst HASL, which is already making the playtest and convention rounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Massey
United States
Teachey
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Casual wargamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They need to reprint Doomed Battalions! The natives are getting restless!gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.