There's some problems with THE CURE. For instance, you're supposed to question the townsfolk to reduce the number of places to search, but this doesn't happen. Also, there's no clue to encourage a search in E, and a possible map error for M. Here are my fixes to make it less difficult.
(2) If questioned about Teraptus or the cure, each townsperson may reveal one place that Teraptus AND the cure are not.
You can ink two columns on the border of your DM mapbook like so:
Before each adventure, with a pencil circle the locations of the cure and Teraptus, and draw lines from each villager's location on the left to a different "empty" location on the right. Draw two lines from A, since the gypsy may reveal two (see below).
After you've played this a couple of times, feel free to change the locations of Teraptus and/or the cure to any locations in the right column.
(6) Tying up a monster with one Feat is too easy. It should first be either asleep or held by another hero (Feat of Strength); then it can be tied up (Feat of Dexterity) with a rope. Remember there is only one rope for each hero.
(7) Werewolves may try to flee out of sight when wounded, like from the Wand of Fear. If cornered they will keep fighting.
(A) Fortune-teller. The Gypsy can reveal TWO places Teraptus and the cure are not.
(E) Wild Horse Outfitters. When heroes open the door, place two Darkness markers in the far corner (adjacent to G1) to represent the boxes. The shopkeeper will be found if a hero searches for traps, treasure or secret doors (regardless of the roll), or if heroes occupy both darkness spaces at the same time.
(M) Alana's Marvelous Magic. The description mentions "either secret door", so mark a second Secret Door on your map between M and L.
If your group never goes to the gypsy, then give the option for the heroes to start near A.
- Last edited Tue Dec 9, 2008 8:08 pm (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Sat Dec 6, 2008 5:36 pm