• [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is that December 16th 2008? If so, it hardly counts as a delay does it? Its two weeks away!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Randall
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I haven't heard this, Andy. Where did you get it? I don't seem to be able to find it on the GMT site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Daglish
United Kingdom
Cheadle
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Its in Tony Curtis's email of 5th/6th December. Fields of Fire is similarly affected. Refers to distributor shipping. Presumably this isn't a secret. Some are dying of anticipation, plus its Xmas, so I thought I'd ease the burden.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I never trust the listed dates anyway and was just happy I'd get FoF by early next year along with CC and the BattlePack #2. This time of year compounds things (weather, more people mailing/shipping, etc etc). Thanks for the update!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Norell
New Zealand
AUCKLAND
flag msg tools
mbmb
Are you saying the officially posted Shipping Date of December 3rd is incorrect?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Humphreys
United Kingdom
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where does it say that? The GMT website states otherwise:

"December 2 Update (Text of Customer E-mail)

Hi guys!

Here are the most recent (December 2, 2008) GMT Games updates:

Shipping/Charging Update

Shipping: We will begin shipping non-USA P500 orders for Fields of Fire and Unhappy King Charles tomorrow, December 3. USA order shipping should begin by the end of this week.

We intend to begin shipping P500 orders for Combat Commander: Pacific, Combat Commander Battle Pack #2: Stalingrad, Blackbeard Reprint, andC3i Issue #21 within two weeks.

Charging: We are still finishing the last of the charging for USA orders of Fields of Fire, Unhappy King Charles , and C3i Issue #21 and hope to have those finished shortly. We will begin charging for the two Combat Commander items and the Blackbeard reprint this Friday, December 5.

Production Outlook Update

We’re still working on firming up our production outlook for the first few months of 2009. Here’s the latest (tentative) production schedule:

December 3:

Unhappy King Charles

Fields of Fire"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Randall
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Posted by Gene B of GMT over on CSW just now:

Quote:
Quick Shipping Clarification:

Someone posted on BGG that we weren't shipping UKC or FoF until Dec. 16. Please note that is the case only for distributor orders. We began shipping P500 orders of both games on December 3 as we noted in the Dec 2 customer e-mail. As a quick update, we will finish overseas P500 shipments today and begin shipping the P500 orders for USA tomorrow.

We will start shipping Combat Commander Pacific and Stalingrad and Blackbeard reprint just as soon as we can get the charges finished.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
Visit the Wargame Bootcamp guild
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb
on consimworld a bloke (Joshua Buergel) in Seattle reported that he got the game on the 9th (of December) but it sounds like he was a playtester.

Quote:
I got my copy today, lookin' sharp! I think my name only got mangled once, too.

here's hoping for a swift delivery... my credit card was not charged until the 4th December, my pre-order went in over 2 years ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Buergel
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
I developed the game before Neil Randall took over. In the past, when I've either developed or playtested a GMT game, my copies have usually arrived before the wave of P500 orders. One oddity here is that I only got one copy of the game, which I presume is my comp copy, but didn't get the other one I paid for. Usually those show up in the same package. But, at any rate, the game should be arriving everywhere soon, and at a first brief paw through the components, it looks very nice indeed. I might have a chance to give it a whirl on Thursday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Vasey
Scotland
Mortlake, London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jbuergel wrote:
I developed the game before Neil Randall took over. In the past, when I've either developed or playtested a GMT game, my copies have usually arrived before the wave of P500 orders. One oddity here is that I only got one copy of the game, which I presume is my comp copy, but didn't get the other one I paid for. Usually those show up in the same package. But, at any rate, the game should be arriving everywhere soon, and at a first brief paw through the components, it looks very nice indeed. I might have a chance to give it a whirl on Thursday.

So you'll be Arthur Two Games Johnson?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
"To be honorable and just is our only defense against men without honor or justice." -Diogenes of Sinope
badge
"Today is the yesterday you won't be able to remember tomorrow" -Pinkwater
mbmbmbmbmb
Charles Vasey wrote:
So you'll be Arthur Two Games Johnson?

Can we please focus on the music?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
Visit the Wargame Bootcamp guild
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb
good news from Gene posted on Consimworld

Gene Billingsley - Dec 10, 2008 1:53 pm wrote:
Shipping Update from the warehouse

We'll finish the last of the P500 shipments for Unhappy King Charles and Fields of Fire by end of day today. We intend to begin P500 shipments of CC Pacific, CC Battle Pack #2: Stalingrad, and Blackbeard reprint on Friday. Distributor orders for ALL of those games will begin after the P500s for Combat Commander are finished.

Gene

huzzah !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Norell
New Zealand
AUCKLAND
flag msg tools
mbmb
Oi Tim,
Me expat Brit too in NZ. Hoping to get my P500 copy within the week. Already developing a Oder of Battle sheet to put all counters on, and a complete card manifest.
God Save the King!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Vasey
Scotland
Mortlake, London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pnorell wrote:
Oi Tim,
Me expat Brit too in NZ. Hoping to get my P500 copy within the week. Already developing a Oder of Battle sheet to put all counters on, and a complete card manifest.
God Save the King!

Malignant!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.